Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed their speedometer needle doesn't move smoothly when accelerating? I notice it most when I'm accelerating on the onramp of the autobahn. As the car increases in speed, the speedometer needle will jump up 1 or 2 miles, hesitate, then move again. It keeps repeating this until I get up to speed and stop accelerating. It's not as noticeable on slower, more gradual accelerations. It's seems the faster the acceleration, the more jerky the movement of the needle. I've never had a car that did this before and I was wondering if it's normal for the Caliber.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've watched mine off an on as I accelerate, and haven't seen that happen. Mine moves as smooth as any other car I've driven.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I can't say that I stare at my speedo while I'm merging onto a freeway. But from when I've seen the needle move, it seems pretty smooth with mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mine does the same, on slow city trafic, mostly when stop and go (less than 10mph) the needle jumps 1/4 to 1/3 of the scale and then goes to the correct reading, i will claim as warranty on the first service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts