Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a caliber very soon but i was just wondering if i should get the spoiler or not what do you guys think.If you could post up some pictures of some calibers with a spoiler that would be cool . please tell me what you thiink..

·
Registered
269 Posts
IMO, the key design element of the Caliber was putting sedan-like lines on a car that has a hatch. Mounting a spoiler on the back (ie: one that sticks way out the back) would probably destroy that effect.

Although, I think a subtle little lip looks pretty nice... but the decision is up to you :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hmm, I saw a pic of the avenger (the one that should be coming up here in a few years) and it looked much different than that first sketch...... I just wanted to use that sketch to show how Dodge kept the curve of the rear glass and general sedan-lines intact with the Caliber. The Caliber today actually looks a lot like the old 2003 Avenger Concept... except the waist-line of the Caliber is very agressive and has a pretty steep slope... which is probably the only way to make the roof keep a normal sedan-ish line with the hatch door in place. But it was important for Dodge to keep a sedan-ish profile for the Caliber... I dunno if they pulled it off effectively.

Ah, here's that sneak-peak avenger that they released to the public..... and it seems the final version is looking more and more likely to be in the same vein

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I like the spoiler and will eventually get one.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I third, the spoiler looks nice. ;)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hahah....looks like I'm not the only one, I knew it was a screenshot but I just couldn't not try and see if it clicked...:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
my caliber came with a bigger spoiler than the others on the lot, and I like it. I don't think it destroys the lines at all...

·
Registered
197 Posts
.....I clicked the button too......haha

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have been going back and forth on getting the rear spoiler and now I'm leaning towards getting it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here you go

·
Registered
128 Posts
Did you get the spoiler with the car and if you didn't was it hard to install?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm really close on pulling the trigger on the spoiler but my caliber is silver and I have the windows tinited,side air deflectors and mud guards that are black and I like how the black lip looks with these mods.I'm just wondering if I will like the silver spoiler as much.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The spoiler was easy to install, I got it off www.dodgeparts.com

Nicely painted and came with instruction... Its easy just make sure you dont let the bolts fall into the back door, you'll know what I'm talking about when you do it...

Its easy do it :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the info..now to save up some more money.hehe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts