Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
IMO, the key design element of the Caliber was putting sedan-like lines on a car that has a hatch. Mounting a spoiler on the back (ie: one that sticks way out the back) would probably destroy that effect.

Although, I think a subtle little lip looks pretty nice... but the decision is up to you :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hmm, I saw a pic of the avenger (the one that should be coming up here in a few years) and it looked much different than that first sketch...... I just wanted to use that sketch to show how Dodge kept the curve of the rear glass and general sedan-lines intact with the Caliber. The Caliber today actually looks a lot like the old 2003 Avenger Concept... except the waist-line of the Caliber is very agressive and has a pretty steep slope... which is probably the only way to make the roof keep a normal sedan-ish line with the hatch door in place. But it was important for Dodge to keep a sedan-ish profile for the Caliber... I dunno if they pulled it off effectively.

Ah, here's that sneak-peak avenger that they released to the public..... and it seems the final version is looking more and more likely to be in the same vein

1 - 2 of 2 Posts