Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He informs me there will absolutely be an AWD SRT4 later in 08. This doesn't mean it will still happen. But now the ? is do you wait for this or go with FWD? I need something that is good in the snow also but do not want to spend 30k either.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Re: Spoke with a Doge rep today!

people who actually know aren't reps and if they didn't know they don't spill the beans. I have no doubt that someone might have said that to you, but i think it is them pulling it out of thin air versus a probable dodge product.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

^^ very true... spilling thebeans = loss of job if it gets public.

·
Registered
728 Posts

I'm so tired of these posts...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

i'm not.... i love em! j/k.... yaa kind of old. man dodge needs to light a fire and get the srt out!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Alright, Thats basically my last post. I just thought it was cool what I heard. Since there are so many new posts on here every day I thougt it would be cool to shoot this around. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
58 Posts

AWD is all but certain for 2009 model year with 300+HP.

·
Registered
447 Posts

I'd love it if new members would use the search function before they posted a thread in which they think they're posting new info. Now I LOVE hearing new information, believe me. But I can't stand seeing a new thread, getting my hopes up, and then seeing/reading something that was posted months ago.

·
Registered
237 Posts

svt, dont take it personally, its not about you. Lots of folks claim to have knowledge they dont, or get word from someone and think that its gospel. Not you, but the rep you spoke to. "Reps", like salespoeple, are the number one source of false or incorrect information in the auto world.

Really, they are. I've been watching this process since we were trying to get info on the Neon SRT, back in the fall of 2002. Lots of folks would go to a car show, or be on the phone to someone like a regional rep, and report info that was just not so. I honestly cant recall any time any of those panned out.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's only because the last time I had a "rep" tell me something for my 06 Stang, I had it built within 2 months as a personal favor, while people were waiting almost a year for theirs. I also agree when I see a new thread and I get excited, then to only read old news. Thanks for the pep talk. Let me ask you your opinion. Would you wait and pay for the AWD, or get it when it first comes out? Thanks.

GLHS837 said:
svt, dont take it personally, its not about you. Lots of folks claim to have knowledge they dont, or get word from someone and think that its gospel. Not you, but the rep you spoke to. "Reps", like salespoeple, are the number one source of false or incorrect information in the auto world.

Really, they are. I've been watching this process since we were trying to get info on the Neon SRT, back in the fall of 2002. Lots of folks would go to a car show, or be on the phone to someone like a regional rep, and report info that was just not so. I honestly cant recall any time any of those panned out.

·
Registered
26 Posts

svt2209 said:
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's only because the last time I had a "rep" tell me something for my 06 Stang, I had it built within 2 months as a personal favor, while people were waiting almost a year for theirs. I also agree when I see a new thread and I get excited, then to only read old news. Thanks for the pep talk. Let me ask you your opinion. Would you wait and pay for the AWD, or get it when it first comes out? Thanks.
I am in the same boat you are SVT...I have had 4 mustangs...and am very anxious about this car to come out...The lease I have on my F150 ends in Feb. 08....I am now in a toss up between this car, the new WRX, or a left over MazdaSpeed 3 (I heard of a second run of 5,000 this year..probably crap but who knows...) I want a fast, fun, $25,000 4 door...and so far Caliber is leading the pack. I think iIF it comes in AWD, it will not be a segment leader with the new STi and Evo coming out in the low 30 range...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I too have had 7 Mustangs. I currently own 2 of them. I had a 05 WRX. I just dont want to spend the 30+k again. I'm hoping this comes way under 25. See, in my opinion if your willing to spend over 30 then go with the Limited STI. I just didnt understand what you were trying to say about waiting for the AWD version.?

xcler8 said:
I am in the same boat you are SVT...I have had 4 mustangs...and am very anxious about this car to come out...The lease I have on my F150 ends in Feb. 08....I am now in a toss up between this car, the new WRX, or a left over MazdaSpeed 3 (I heard of a second run of 5,000 this year..probably crap but who knows...) I want a fast, fun, $25,000 4 door...and so far Caliber is leading the pack. I think iIF it comes in AWD, it will not be a segment leader with the new STi and Evo coming out in the low 30 range...

·
Registered
26 Posts

svt2209 said:
I too have had 7 Mustangs. I currently own 2 of them. I had a 05 WRX. I just dont want to spend the 30+k again. I'm hoping this comes way under 25. See, in my opinion if your willing to spend over 30 then go with the Limited STI. I just didnt understand what you were trying to say about waiting for the AWD version.?
IMO if the caliber comes out in an AWD platform, it would be around the price of an EVO or STI....but I, like you do not want to spend that much. And if I did have that kind of money, I would rather go with a name that has been doing this for a while like the EVO or STI....

So I am going to buy a front wheel drive version if it is attainable for well under $25,000....I am HOPING that I can get it for around 22-23k..and spend an extra 2-3K on a stage kit....time will tell...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Exactly. I hope its good in snow though! You just have to school me real quick or I will do my homework on this stage kit. I only know Stangs. Is it like a tune?

xcler8 said:
IMO if the caliber comes out in an AWD platform, it would be around the price of an EVO or STI....but I, like you do not want to spend that much. And if I did have that kind of money, I would rather go with a name that has been doing this for a while like the EVO or STI....

So I am going to buy a front wheel drive version if it is attainable for well under $25,000....I am HOPING that I can get it for around 22-23k..and spend an extra 2-3K on a stage kit....time will tell...

·
Registered
26 Posts

svt2209 said:
Exactly. I hope its good in snow though! You just have to school me real quick or I will do my homework on this stage kit. I only know Stangs. Is it like a tune?
I'm still new to this too...so if I have this wrong please correct me..and I know someone will.....but in mustang terms It's kind of like my 2001 Roush Mustang...they came in stages...1,2.3...etc..

But with the SRT-4 (neon's that is)...different stage kits netted you different amounts of horsepower. Stage 1 added so much, Stage 2 did everything in S1 and more...and so on...

The BEST part about it IMO is that it mods everything you would normally mod, does NOT affect the warranty because it is all done at your Dodge dealer, and is all financed when you buy the car.

That's what they did for Neon's...and it was a huge hit...over 5000 people opted for a stage kit I believe....so if they continue this for the Caliber, I will be in line for one.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

There isn't huh? O.K. that just makes me feel better about spending less money. Just remember what you said.

Unoriginalusername said:
there is no awd caliber srt4 in 2007, 2008 or 2009... feel free to quote that down the road when the details on each year are released

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

xcler8 said:

Since Dodge and Mistubishi have worked together so much in the past, I'm pretty sure that if it comes in an AWD version that they would have taken some tips from Mutsi on how to make the AWD work good. The AWD Stealth did pretty good, so it's not like Dodge is a newbie to the AWD performance car market.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

HSKR said:
Since Dodge and Mistubishi have worked together so much in the past, I'm pretty sure that if it comes in an AWD version that they would have taken some tips from Mutsi on how to make the AWD work good. The AWD Stealth did pretty good, so it's not like Dodge is a newbie to the AWD performance car market.
the stealth was a rebadged Mitsi 3000 or GTO in some markets, Dodge had nothing to do with its AWD system. Since splitting ways I doubt Mitsi will hand over the family jewls given it plans to make a Lancer Ralliart to compete with the wrx and of course the evo for the sti

1 - 20 of 63 Posts