1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
thats alot of snow, must have been from a while back.... wrong ride height, no rear defuser, srt spoiler or wheels and the interior head rests had cutt outs in them whereas the srt ones are solid... but all the mules had these seats so that is no big deal.
That's correct - it IS from a while back.

That same video was first posted on this forum well over a year ago (February 3, 2006):

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89

Plus, if you look at the video's site, that loop is dated Feb 2, 2006.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, Sorry guys. Just thought maybe I found something.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
svt2209 said:
Don't feel bad, svt2209, those two guys are always picking apart all my "SCOOPS" also.:( :rolleyes: Some people are just too smart.:D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
svt2209 said:
xlimodriver said:
Don't feel bad, svt2209, those two guys are always picking apart all my "SCOOPS" also.:( :rolleyes: Some people are just too smart.:D
I just remembered seeing that here about the same time I joined the forum - and about a month before I bought my Caliber. It's hard to believe it's been over a year and a month now...

However, now that I look at that latest-linked video, I suspect it's really a clever recreation of the original video. I swear it's now the OTHER guy who asks "Hey, that thing got a HEMI?" in the newest-linked video, and the cars seem to be going faster in the second video.

Oh, and the test mule's driver is obviously wearing different shoes in each video. :D :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if you would have looked at the Ultimate SRT photo thread and the post by NEON RT DRIVR21, his pictures show the exact same car. Open head rests and all!

Unoriginalusername said:
thats alot of snow, must have been from a while back.... wrong ride height, no rear defuser, srt spoiler or wheels and the interior head rests had cutt outs in them whereas the srt ones are solid... but all the mules had these seats so that is no big deal.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
svt2209 said:
Well if you would have looked at the Ultimate SRT photo thread and the post by NEON RT DRIVR21, his pictures show the exact same car. Open head rests and all!
i said the head rests were the same as the mules... my point was that it was an old video and the rest of the car didn't look as near production ready as later spy shots

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To tell you the truth I like the open head rests better. It will be interesting to see this car live. I just hope nothing else comes out before this.

Unoriginalusername said:
i said the head rests were the same as the mules... my point was that it was an old video and the rest of the car didn't look as near production ready as later spy shots

·
Registered
58 Posts
It will have "closed" headrests, the new seats are much more supportive and designed better. All leather as well, including full headrest. Grey leather with Red stiching, SRT logo in headrest. Back of seat has protective plastic shield, protection from kids feet I guess.

BTW I was a passenger on a test drive on the weekend in a nearly full production Caliber SRT4.........S1 version....beautiful car and ride !

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heres another small video. I tried to search. If its in here, I dont want to get reamed for it.

video.howstuffworks.com/WMP/player.htm?v=2008_Dodge_Caliber_SRT4

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
svt2209 said:
Heres another small video. I tried to search. If its in here, I dont want to get reamed for it.

video.howstuffworks.com/WMP/player.htm?v=2008_Dodge_Caliber_SRT4
ya its from the chicago show last year... it and the motor trend one were already up but thats ok. if you hadn't seen it i am sure someone else hadn't either

1 - 12 of 12 Posts