Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else notice there window screeching when moving them up or down? when it get really hot and I roll my windows down the screech something bad. it sounds like the rubber from the seals against the glass. Buy man it sounds awful!!! do I need to consult my dealer?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would! That shouldnt be happening. Is it possible that a small rock or large dust debris is trapped between your window and gaskets and it is squealing? Are there any visible marks on the glass...is it only one window?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no its all the windows!!! there are no scratches or anything on the windows infact I've waited to tint them to see if the sound stops. at first I thaught it was a new car thing. only happens when the car sits outside in the heat. It really does sound like a rubber squeel. when its cool in the morning there is no noise when rolling up or down on any of the windows. by the way I have auto windows.

·
Registered
114 Posts
How hot are we talking? Where are you? I could see if it was "REAL" hot the rubber gaskets would really soften and try to grab the window and you would hear a squealing like a soft rubber squeegee on a dry window. You say it does not do it in the morning ar late evening so i'm to assume that it is exactly that...the rubber gasket softening and squealing on the clean glass. Whe it is cooler the gaskets firm up and don't make the noise. If you are real stressed or it does it when gaskets are cool...i'd see yer dealer...car dealer that is...not the other dealer who i usually turn to when things get crazy! LOLOLOL

·
Registered
47 Posts
Karianne said:
no its all the windows!!! there are no scratches or anything on the windows infact I've waited to tint them to see if the sound stops. at first I thaught it was a new car thing. only happens when the car sits outside in the heat. It really does sound like a rubber squeel. when its cool in the morning there is no noise when rolling up or down on any of the windows. by the way I have auto windows.

I have the same problem with the rear passenger window. Yep, it happens only when it's hot outside. It drives me crazy. is there a fix?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I dont believe there should be any rubber contacting the window at all. They use a felt like lining on the inner contact area otherwise they would want to grab and wear out both the motor and the trim failry fast. Not to mention drag some annoying streaks on the windows. Typically what i have found in squeeling windows is dirt jammed along the side of the track and the glass or a failing/tweaked dew wipe.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Karianne said:
has anyone else notice there window screeching when moving them up or down? when it get really hot and I roll my windows down the screech something bad. it sounds like the rubber from the seals against the glass. Buy man it sounds awful!!! do I need to consult my dealer?
I have had the same problem it started just after a couple weeks after I took delivery of my car, I figured that the window seals just needed time to seat themselves but however after 3 months they are still squeeking but only when the about 80deg+. It seems that the front ones are only effected by the squeek. I have also noticed that the drivers windows is working alot harded than the rest to the point that if I start raising both front windows at the same time the drivers is only 3/4 closed and the passenger is completely closed.

Going to have the dealer take a look at it when I do my first oil change, it almost seems like when they put in the window seals the pinched the rubber somewhere. I'll try to find out what is going on and will post their "fix" and post what they have to say.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea, mine squeek too...all of them...on hot days. It seemed to diminish right before my first 3,000 mi. oil change, so I didn't make a big deal out of it when I was at the dealer. Next time I probably will tell them to check it out.

Tim

·
Registered
775 Posts
I had a similar problem with an older car I bought one time. Since I had no warranty on that car, my fix was a little baby power on the inside of the rubber. It stopped the squeek and didn't leave any noticable residue on the windows. I did have to reapply the baby powder each summer though.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Mine squeak very loudly. I thought it went away but past few days its back again. It has been warmer this past week. I believe there is a TSB for this issue.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Karianne said:
Mine did this, but only because the tint shop puched the inside rubber seal down into the window when they tinted it and didn't pull them back up. They squeeked and rolled down slow until I pulled the seals back up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I live in FL so it gets in the 90s alot. I have an oil change coming up next weekend and have already talked to the dealer about it. they're goin to look into the squeeling for me I'll let you all know what they come up with.

·
Registered
82 Posts
my back passenger window did this for the first time yesterday, although it wasn't really that warm ... if it keeps happening I might take it in again

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok So I went to the dealer yesterday and voiced my concerns over my squeeky windows. the fix!!! they ripped the doors apart and had to lube the gaskets and the bearings. now no more squeeky windows:D . So if anyone has the problem of squeeky windows take it to your dealer it can be fixed. It only took about 3 hours and was covered under warranty so I didn't have to pay for any of the work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My drivers windows had the squeaking noise. It only makes the noise when it sits in the sun, doesn't have to be hot. My dealer took the door panels off and lubed everything, noise was still there it seemed to be coming from the window regulator so they replaced it. I will have to wait till next summer to see if the fix works, winter is just around the corner, frost on the windows every morning now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts