Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend whose parents work at the dodge plant here in warren MI I was told that the srt will have 380 horse anyone else hear this or something like it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
380 HP for 22K. DDDAAAMMMNNN. Nice but I doubt it. I herd there was powertrain issues @ 300 let alone 380.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I heard that it also can fly and drive under water... the LSD has already been confirmed to be limited to handling 300lbs of torque versus the 260lbs planned, and if you buy into the rumours the srt was delayed because of breaking drivetrain parts and the team was working on the torque control/mounts/suspension etc. to make it drivable.

380hp is a pipe dream... based on everything else we know it would be more like 280hp if it were to be anything different than the 300hp they claimed, which i doubt.

·
Registered
644 Posts
380 would gimme a hard on... to my understanding, as already stated by others, it supposed to only be 300. hopefully the LSD, susp, etc can handle the mods i plan on doing on top of its 300hp

·
Registered
614 Posts
300 hp has been pretty much declared and unlikely to change either up or down. The SRT boys are working to make it all available and still tolerable re: vehicle dynamics. I don't think breakage is the issue at all. It's now all about managing the inherent issues with that much power only to the front wheels. My feeling is they are going to release the best technical compromise on a high power front driver. Should be awesome:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts