Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think that the Caliber SRT-4 will be priced at considering all the things we know about the vehicle?

·
Registered
285 Posts
We're hoping for $22-25k. But I've heard as low as $20-22k.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think the Caliber will have to be someplace between the Golf GTI and the Mazdaspeed3. Domestic car manufacturers have a tough time selling the value of their car when compared to an equally-viewed Import. The base GTI is rather cheap - but adding on options pushes it near $26K (which is what I got when I went to VW's site...). The MazdaSpeed3 is slated to come in at an MSRP of no higher than $26K... but it's supposed to be rather well equipped at this price.

So, if the SRT can come with it's fancy seats, fancy aero effects/wheels, and fancy motor (which should trump all cars in its class) for $25K - they'll have a clear winner... but maybe $26K will be more reasonable. One thing that they'll have to be careful about is to make sure the transmission comes in a capable manual and capable auto. Yeah, a "true enthusiast" will get a manual - but for the car to be successful, the masses have to think the car is good (even if the auto is a significant premium).... and the masses now drive Autos.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
God I hope it doesn't top $25,000.
I'm crossing my fingers for a base of $22,000 ish..:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
What about in Canadian funny-money? Any ideas on the starting pricepoint? My wife and I ordered her an SXT loaded, but when it comes time to shoot my Mustang between the eyes, I'd love to get the SRT for myself... my boss is going to HATE me (I work for VW/Audi... lmao!!!).

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Not bad..

Haha..you work for VW, you have a Mustang, and are planning on getting a SRT-4...:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Haha..you work for VW, you have a Mustang, and are planning on getting a SRT-4...:D[/quote]

Yeah, and we're trading in my wife's 2003 Punch Buggy to get the Caliber too - man, is he gonna be PISSED! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Well, that's what he gets for not givine me an S4 as a company car... lmao!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
caliber4whoosh said:
Not bad..

Haha..you work for VW, you have a Mustang, and are planning on getting a SRT-4...:D
Yeah, and we're trading in my wife's 2003 Punch Buggy to get the Caliber too - man, is he gonna be PISSED! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Well, that's what he gets for not giving me an S4 as a company car... lmao!!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hahaha...pissed off bosses are the shit..:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Steve Desjardins said:
expect it to be 27-28K Canadian
Shit, that's not bad! The VW Jetta 2.0T with 200hp starts at 28K 'n change... although that includes the 6-speed DSG, but still - 300hp, 19" rims... that's a hell of a steal!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
For sure! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts