Dodge Caliber Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
These are the reasons why it is better to do your own research rather than rely on a dealer to tell you information on the car you're looking for.

I had done extensive research on the Caliber before I went to the dealer to look at it. The car was so new there was very little anyone could tell me that I didn't already know. Having this knowledge in hand, I was able to draw my own assumptions about the car rather than have a dealer "sell" it to me. You have to remember that thse guys get paid on the cars they sell and they're going to try to get you to buy the vehicle. You're going to see a lot of dealers that know next to nothing about the Caliber other than what they read on the sticker. This practice effectively gave the car to me, because the very day they displayed it (two days before I bought it) the dealer had worked this speal on a perspective buyer who would come back later after thinking about it. I went in armed with all the knowledge I could and walked out with the vehicle after three hours. The guy that wanted to come back? He walked in the second I signed the papers.

When you go to see your Caliber for the first time, be it a SRT or a SXT, go in armed with all the knowledge you can on the vehicle. Know its options, its economy, and the basic specs. Let the dealers talk but pay them no mind. Judge for yourself about the vehicle when you drive it. Let your own knowledge guide you and don't let the dealer convince you otherwise. They assume you know nothing on the car, which is why they try to "sell" it to you.

You are your own best friend when you're with the dealer. Knowledge is power, my friends. :)

Silverfox said:
These are the reasons why it is better to do your own research rather than rely on a dealer to tell you information on the car you're looking for.

I had done extensive research on the Caliber before I went to the dealer to look at it. The car was so new there was very little anyone could tell me that I didn't already know. Having this knowledge in hand, I was able to draw my own assumptions about the car rather than have a dealer "sell" it to me. You have to remember that thse guys get paid on the cars they sell and they're going to try to get you to buy the vehicle. You're going to see a lot of dealers that know next to nothing about the Caliber other than what they read on the sticker. This practice effectively gave the car to me, because the very day they displayed it (two days before I bought it) the dealer had worked this speal on a perspective buyer who would come back later after thinking about it. I went in armed with all the knowledge I could and walked out with the vehicle after three hours. The guy that wanted to come back? He walked in the second I signed the papers.

When you go to see your Caliber for the first time, be it a SRT or a SXT, go in armed with all the knowledge you can on the vehicle. Know its options, its economy, and the basic specs. Let the dealers talk but pay them no mind. Judge for yourself about the vehicle when you drive it. Let your own knowledge guide you and don't let the dealer convince you otherwise. They assume you know nothing on the car, which is why they try to "sell" it to you.

You are your own best friend when you're with the dealer. Knowledge is power, my friends. :)
Well put SilverFox,

You make some excellent points. The internet has empowered consumers to know exactly what they are looking for before they even walk through the doors of any business. When you’re confident you’ve found the right car for you, you will enjoy it that much more.

Our dealerships serve an important roll and while I will I agree there are some perceived "bad" dealership employees, it doesn't reflect all dealerships as a whole. There are some hard-working guys and girls out there.

DaimlerChrysler provides information to whoever asks for it. If you find yourself uncomfortable or unable to visit a dealership you can always give us a call and talk with one of our representatives. We have reps for Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep here 8am-Midnight EST 7-days a week. Our representatives will be able to provide a variety of information ranging from available model equipment, basic specifications, MSRP and anything in-between. If you cannot decide between a few models, we can send you out brochure(s) free of charge.

Personally I always suggest visiting a few dealerships (unless you are geographically limited) and talk to the employees, see who your most comfortable dealing with and go from there. I suggest when you have settled for a car, test drive the exact model you are planning to buy. If all goes well, the sales person will help you from there.

was98strat said:
I was talking to a sales rep at the auto show about the SRT variant of the Caliber, His feeling was DCX wasn't lilely to either build the SRT variant of the caliber or bring it into Canada.
I think the best person to ask if the SRT-4 is coming to Canada would be Steve, I can only comment on US operations. While I doubt he has received information either, I am sure he would be able to keep you in the loop when he does.

Dan

sr4tuner said:
So i guess the number is 1-800-423-6343?
Chrysler
Toll Free Phone: 1-800-CHRYSLE (1-800-247-9753)
Email: http://www-5.chrysler.com/webselfservice/chrysler/index.jsp
Forum Email: ChryslerForum@bbdodetroit.com

Dodge
Toll Free Phone: 1-800-4A-DODGE (1-800-423-6343)
Email: http://www-5.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.jsp
Forum Email: DodgeForum@bbdodetroit.com

Jeep
Toll Free Phone: 1-800-925-JEEP (1-800-925-5337)
Email: http://www-5.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.jsp
Forum Email: JeepForum@bbdodetroit.com

Contact us any way youd like or I can answer any questions you may have.

Dan

I think a big piece of information that could be over looked about insurance is, neon was a subcompact sport car, which let alone the sport label added to it, it was already outrageous for insurance because its likely hood of being demolishe din accidents, the calibur looks slightly bigger, so i think that it could actually cost a little less in the long run on insurance. i was going to take over payments on my moms 2001 neon sxt 300 bucks a month. for an sxt let alone srt... so maybe the style of car may change the insurance, but i could be talkin about my arsssss:confused:

i have one question.. will gps ever be available on caliber? [it was shown at one point on a dodge site with it; i dont remember which int'l site it was tho]Being blonde, i get lost easy! lol :)

The compass is enough. :p But as far as I know, there will eventually be an in-dash navigation system for the Caliber. When and in what model is unclear, but I think we'll eventually be seeing one.

I posted some pictures of brochures and it seems there will be one mounted above the center vents (I don't like) and one where the stereo would be, all intergrated it seems, navigation/ radio. (I like the latter one) Oops, all seem to be Mopar Accessories

I spoke with shawn Mclain from daimler chrysler today.

As it stand we have no time frame for the SRT-4. We canot order any.

As soon as we can place some orders we willo be able to get a better idea when they will become available. AND yes they will be available in Canada.

suzq044 said:
i have one question.. will gps ever be available on caliber? [it was shown at one point on a dodge site with it; i dont remember which int'l site it was tho]Being blonde, i get lost easy! lol :)
The original concept build and price was meant as more of a sampling of potential offerings to help us know what our consumers were looking for.

We haven’t received availability information on the GPS system yet. My personal assumption is that it may be a late availability (summer) or a 2008 option. As time goes on and the Caliber becomes an established model, we anticipate more options to become available.

Until then, we wait.

Dan

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.