Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Nice to see that you take the time to talk to us SRT heads, thank you for that.

I missed the last chat session, so if you dont mind i'm going to steal some of the SRT8 guy's time and ask a few questions regarding the Caliber SRT4.

Here we go;

1.) The Caliber SRT has heavily bolstered front seats, will this effect the cars ability to have the front passenger seat fold flat like the other trims do?
- Yes big bolsters for maintianing position for high G cornering will not allow fold flat passenger side seat.

2.) From pictures I have looked at of the interior of the car, it appears as though there are no power doorlock switches on any of the doors other than the driver-side. Why is it that it was removed? Isn't there usually one on the passenger side as well?

- The door lock switches are the same as the base plarform.

3.) After the Neon SRT-4 was released, it was modified for the second year with limited slip-diff', bigger injectors, more hp, etc. This time around, as you can understand, I have some concern regarding purchasing a 1st year model (for fear that you guys will add some awesome new features in the 2008 model). Can you tell us anything to appease these concerns?

- No

4.) Now, I know you cannot release official performance specs, but since you guys created the Neon SRT and now know what the Caliber SRT can do, would you guys personally recommend an upgrade from a Neon SRT4 to the Caliber. How much better IS this thing?

- The Neon SRT4 is a classic! They will never be built again. If it was me I would just add a Caliber to my SRT Fleet and build a bigger garage!

5.) This next question may be one for the dealership but i'll ask anyway; Do you know if you will be incorporating the new "info-tainment" GPS system like in the Nitros in the Caliber SRT?

- No

6.) Will there be a special colour available for each different year Caliber SRT is released, similarly to the Neon SRT? (Rumour has it that Detonator yellow may be on the list for 2007).

- Sorry can't answer questions on future product. We always look at things that were popular in the past.

7.) Finally, I have been hearing that the Caliber has been experiencing some problems in it's final development (mainly with too much body roll)... can you fill us in on what is going on at Team SRT right now and if everything is still coming along on schedule?

- No

Sorry for all the questions guys, hopefully it's not TOO many, but i'm sure there are a lot of us who have been waiting to hear answers on most of these issues!

Thanks for your time!!

-Ironside

Great questions Ironside, ... post 54 they said "Sorry, we don't have an PL turbo expert on board tonite. Maybe when we do a PL/PM forum ......" so i wonder if that explains some of the lack of substance in their answers to your questions.

I have the same concerns about both features and colours changing in the second year... and if the SRT4 changes over like the base Caliber, that could be as early as July/August next year

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know I'm personally going to wait a year for the second year SRT-4's to come out because I personally don't wanna get the shaft on my purchase and feel pissed off when they release either an ACR or have some crazy color that I might want later on...and if they release an ACR, it better be the real thing, with A/C delete option, lightweight BBS rims at around 17X8.5, some kind of adjustable struts, some big ass sway bars in the front and rear, and maybe roll up windows in the front and rear...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neon RT Drivr21 said:
I know I'm personally going to wait a year for the second year SRT-4's to come out because I personally don't wanna get the shaft on my purchase and feel pissed off when they release either an ACR or have some crazy color that I might want later on...and if they release an ACR, it better be the real thing, with A/C delete option, lightweight BBS rims at around 17X8.5, some kind of adjustable struts, some big ass sway bars in the front and rear, and maybe roll up windows in the front and rear...
I have the same fears and may hold off from jumping into a purchase next year or may simply choose something else like an STI cash permitting. Sure it is an older platform, but it is proven, reliable etc. and I can live with that versus being the guinnea pig on a srt4 to find out the problems and to get the short of the stick when year two comes around and a better colour/option etc. is available.

I really like the Caliber SRT4 and think Dodge would do themselves alot of good to nail down the specifics a little better and offer a less risky situation to customers who don't want to get left behind

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yeah, I did what I could and was kind of angry that they shrugged us off; maybe on the next chat on our board they'll answer in a bit more detail.

Either way, Dodge should give us some sort of indication that we're not going to get screwed over with the 2007 model year.

Personally I don't think they should release an '07 Caliber, the depreciation alone is reason enough not to buy a 2007 model in mid-2007 only to switch to the 2008's a few months later.

To make things worse, if the '07 is released and then quickly switched to an '08 model, does that mean we'll have to wait for a 2009 model for the new features?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts