Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
mrl859 said:
My 2006 SRT8 Charger has shaken at freeway speeds since driving home from the purchase. Tires have been balanced off the car repeatedly to no avail. Any chance of preloaded bushings? Would lossening things up and retightening on a drive on rack make sense?
Balancers need to be calibrated regularly. Have you gone to a place where you trust the balancer? We suggest you go to a place with a "road force" balancer. If that doesn't work, go to the Goodyear store and get the offending tire replaced/adjusted. A road force balancer will identify the problem tire.

All the bushings in the front and rear suspension are torqued at ride height from the factory. If your car has been apart, it is possible this was not done upon reassembly, but this still shouldn't cause a serious shake. It will wear out your bushing prematurely, though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Team SRT said:
Hey Bernie, so far the system is available for order in US. We're investigating the possibility that there's a lag in release for Canadian vehicles. Hmmmm, no comment about a PM over a WK. Ha, remember, unfortunately the PM SRT4 is not an AWD vehicle. Thank you tremendously for your patience, we're almost there, and do appologize tremendously for the inconvenience. I'll be talking to Keith very soon too.
I take it this is Gordon who replied. I have no idea what you're talking about re SRT4 though...haha. (PM = Private Message). Keith says there will be a one day window tomorrow for a VON for my Jeep and it's the only one for Canada. I was hoping you'd be able to elaborate. Don't know if you've talked to Tony Elias or not, but he's aware of this too and said he'd look into this at Irvine. Damn, and he's got one of these things!!!...haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
345 Posts
Rambit said:
I take it this is Gordon who replied. I have no idea what you're talking about re SRT4 though...haha. (PM = Private Message). Keith says there will be a one day window tomorrow for a VON for my Jeep and it's the only one for Canada. I was hoping you'd be able to elaborate. Don't know if you've talked to Tony Elias or not, but he's aware of this too and said he'd look into this at Irvine. Damn, and he's got one of these things!!!...haha.

Bernie

Elias? He's our car porter! He can give you some tips on cleaning it when it comes in...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Rambit said:

Bernie
BTW, there's more than one of us replying to these quotes....... haha

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would just like to sat thanks for all the coolvehicles you guys are Pumping out. I work at a dealership and have driven all the SRT vehicles and there is nothing else out there on the market that compares.
You guys really know how to dial in a car. I just got back from a long roadtest in a Viper SRT10 and what a thrill ride. The soundtrack that car makes is absolutly amazing!
After following the Caliber SRT-4 for a year I have finally decided to order one. I will be holding out for a 2009 at this point, with hopes that a new colour is realeased and the availibility of MyGig.
What kind of 0-60, 1/4 mile and 0-100-0 numbers were you guys seeing in your testing of the Caliber? As well, can the ESP be completly turned off??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Team SRT said:
Elias? He's our car porter! He can give you some tips on cleaning it when it comes in...
I have complete faith in the system, even the porters, but I thought Adam Forte had that job. I'm willing to give back Ralph's SRT jacket now.

Bernie

·
Registered
345 Posts
Rambit said:
I have complete faith in the system, even the porters, but I thought Adam Forte had that job. I'm willing to give back Ralph's SRT jacket now.

Bernie
Bernie, you have quite the memory, we were just giggling about that 2 mins ago. And we were just joking about Forte, he now has a badge, a blue shirt and lets us in and out of the gate. LOL

·
Registered
345 Posts
mrl859 said:
Any chance of a retrofit kit to put any of the Nav Mygigs in an '06-'07 LX?
As per previous quote, no, it would be a big tear up. Not only wiring differences, but communication protocol differences. The network of computers that talk among themselves would need to change. It'd be a massive (impossible) science project for an "outsider". Sorry.

·
Registered
345 Posts
boostedvan said:
I would just like to sat thanks for all the coolvehicles you guys are Pumping out. I work at a dealership and have driven all the SRT vehicles and there is nothing else out there on the market that compares.
You guys really know how to dial in a car. I just got back from a long roadtest in a Viper SRT10 and what a thrill ride. The soundtrack that car makes is absolutly amazing!
After following the Caliber SRT-4 for a year I have finally decided to order one. I will be holding out for a 2009 at this point, with hopes that a new colour is realeased and the availibility of MyGig.
What kind of 0-60, 1/4 mile and 0-100-0 numbers were you guys seeing in your testing of the Caliber? As well, can the ESP be completly turned off??
We can only quote our "official" numbers. 0-60 low 6's. 1/4 mile in 14.5 at about 100. 0-100-0 in 19.4 sec. We love to see it when you beat these numbers!

ESP can't be fully turned off in the GCSRT8 and CSRT4. Creative power cuts to the yaw sensor have been known to fault out the ESP but not ABS or BLD. You are on your own if you do this, though.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Went to the dealer for a rattle in the rear. They informed me it was the rear swaybar links & bushings and had to wait for the new manufacturer to send/make the product. After a month and replacement I found the rattle myself being something in the sunroof shade. I aksed them to do the latest TSB reflash and he laughed at me and said only if you throw a cel would I get it. Any comments?

·
Recalls & TSB Forum Moderator
202 Posts
In the press release for the 2009 Challenger SRT it mentions and describes "an all-new for 2009" anti-spin differential. Can you elaborate on the differences between the diff used in the '08 Challenger and that which is going into the '09 Challenger models?

·
Registered
345 Posts
srt8300 said:
Can you tell me the correct specs? what should it be set at? I will go to another place and have it checked.
Try these. Sorry I have tried to format it several times and this is the best I can do. First column is the preferred setting. The second column is the acceptable range. Have the dealer get as close to the preferred setting as possible.

SRT8

FRONT WHEEL ALIGNMENT PREFERRED SETTING ACCEPTABLE RANGE

CAMBER - LEFT -0.05° -0.55° to +0.45°
CAMBER - RIGHT -0.35° -0.85° to +0.15°

CROSS-CAMBER (Maximum side-to-side
difference) 0.25° -0.25° to +0.75°
CASTER - LEFT +9.70° +8.40° to +11.00°
CASTER - RIGHT +10.30° +8.40° to +11.00°
CROSS-CASTER (Maximum side-to-side
difference) -0.60° -1.20° to 0.00°
TOTAL TOE** +0.20° 0.00° to +0.40°
Maximum side-to-side difference 0.00° 0.06°

REAR WHEEL ALIGNMENT PREFERRED SETTING ACCEPTABLE RANGE

CAMBER* -0.75° -1.25° to -0.25°​
CROSS-CAMBER (Maximum side-to-side
difference) 0.00° -0.50° to +0.50°
TOTAL TOE** +0.20° -0.10° to +0.50°
THRUST ANGLE 0.00° -0.50° to +0.50°

·
Registered
345 Posts
ResumeSpeed said:
In the press release for the 2009 Challenger SRT it mentions and describes "an all-new for 2009" anti-spin differential. Can you elaborate on the differences between the diff used in the '08 Challenger and that which is going into the '09 Challenger models?
ResumeSpeed, you seem to always have the answers. Why do you need to ask us?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Team SRT said:
As per previous quote, no, it would be a big tear up. Not only wiring differences, but communication protocol differences. The network of computers that talk among themselves would need to change. It'd be a massive (impossible) science project for an "outsider". Sorry.
If history has taught us anything, it's that nothing is impossible. And you gentlemen are certainly not "outsiders".

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just wanted to make a comment on my Charger SRT8 and see if you had any proposed solutions.

I love driving the car. WOT gives me a p00p eating grin.

However, doing any sort of skilled driving where fine feathering throttle control is required is quite difficult. (ie - drifting & concentric/controlled donuts.) I can hold in a given gear, and you can almost measure the throttle delay! From the moment my foot moves the pedal, to when the throttle actually opens (noticably audible via the undampered cold air intake). I've had the car for a year now, and still haven't gotten used to it. Doing "artistic" donuts can be challenging because the window of time where throttle is required, is shorter than the throttle delay!

·
Registered
345 Posts
svt2209 said:
Went to the dealer for a rattle in the rear. They informed me it was the rear swaybar links & bushings and had to wait for the new manufacturer to send/make the product. After a month and replacement I found the rattle myself being something in the sunroof shade. I aksed them to do the latest TSB reflash and he laughed at me and said only if you throw a cel would I get it. Any comments?
TBS 18-014-08 is the latest one out there for the overboost condition. I don't know all the rules, but I can't believe a dealer would make you wait until you have to limp the car in to reflash the car.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.