Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Administrator
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread will be unlocked 2 hours prior to the event for pre-questions.

Participant Guidelines:
  • Please be respectful
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the SRT lineup of vehicles - off-topic posts will be removed
  • Direct ALL questions to the SRT Team AND allow the SRT Team to answer ALL questions - No member discussions here
  • Mention which make and model vehicle your question pertains to if it is critical to your question
  • Review existing posts to avoid repeats of a same question
  • Limit each post to 1 or 2 questions and be as brief and clear as possible
  • Allow time for a response. Questions are not answered in order of post. If it appears you were missed, AND the same question was not previously answered for someone else, you may re-post prior to session end
  • The SRT Team cannot answer questions about future product - Please don't ask

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
As much as I always try to respect the rules I unfortunately have more then one question. I have owned an SRT-4 since 2004 and I never asked any questions, and you guys did cancel the last one so I'm sure we'll have more questions. :bigthumb: I'm also across the river in Canada and snow melted so we only have a limited window of opportunity to ask questions... you know we hibernate in our igloos and all :canada: :bigthumb:

SO first of all WELCOME TO CALIBER FORUMS

So onto questions..

1) What is the offset of Stock Caliber SRT-4 wheels.

2) Can you confirm that all NON-SRT calibers utilize SAME calipers but DIFFERENT caliper brackets and Rotors?

Thank you for reading and answering questions!

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
For those of you wishing to post more than 2 questions, please do so in separate posts to make it more convenient for the team to reply to specific points.
Also, please understand that the additional questions may not be answered in fairness to others and due to time constraints - This is at the sole discretion of the engineers.

Thank you-

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
what is the deal with the srt experience in 09? i havent seen a schedule and my pass is due to expire this month. will those of us who expire before the new schedule is up be allowed an extension?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
1) We all know that you gave us more boost in 1st and 2nd gears and this causes, joyfull phenomenon we all enjoy, wheelspin. Would you say that applying full throttle in 1st & 2nd gear, which produces significant amount of wheelspin, and having ESP on at the same time causes premature wear on the clutch? Common sense tells me that it does and I shut ESP off but I would like to hear your opinion on it.

2) Do you feel a momentary lean condition (in 13:1 AFR range) at full throttle,low RPM and sub 10PSI boost is any cause for concern with Stage1 PCM.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
1) Was SRT Track experience included in the price of the Canadian SRT-4s and if NOT, Why not?! I know that some Neon SRT-4's had it included before and since I live outside of Windsor, we love travelling to states!

2) I have been experiencing some clicking noise coming from the drivers side when leaving a light under any acceleration. It almost sounds like a bad CV joint but this happens with wheels straight and CV boots are in perfect condition. I'll be taking it to the dealership soon but this issue seems to be appearing on more then few cars.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Welcome to the CaliberForums!!

1-How versatile is the factory clutch after 320WHP? Will it hold any further than that? Cause now that MS1 is out there more and more people are realizing that this car cannot launch hard. :bigthumb: Any sugestion about that?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Last but not least, two statements I expect no answer or comment about.

1) If you ever do decide to make a Stage 2 for the Caliber SRT-4, please give us the following:

- FULL THROTTLE ALL THE TIME. We will find a way to get around it anyways, so why make it difficult. Most of us already don't care about our warranty so be "ballsy" and let loose..

- We're not complaining with the stock turbo, but larger turbo would be just fine.. We don't mind a bit of a lag, we consider it giving the competition a head start.

- Good size injectors - You're not GM... They're the one that make things step short.. go all the way, then pull back some fuel .. we don't care if our "NOT EMISSION LEGAL ANYWAYS" modification has a crappy gas mileage!

2) In these tough economic times for all, including Chrysler LLC., I believe I speak for all the SRT enthusiasts, we cannot express enough of a grattitude for what you guys are doing, and time you spend coming to visit us and share very good information. I think it sets you apart from any other performance "division" of any other manufacturer out there. I will be buying SRT cars for as long as you produce them. If you can, just promise us one thing..

Promise us that the day you are forced to make a watered down version of any car you will stop applying SRT logo on it. The uncertain times may cause Chrysler to apply uncertain measures and we would hate to see our beloved brand go to waste on something not worthy of it's name.

P.S. Don't you just hate this crappy weather?

Thank you for reading and answering questions!

·
Registered
247 Posts
First of all thank you for taking time to answer our questions, As I'm from Sweden this is a unique possibility to get in contact with the people that makes this wonderful product. Not any car makers in Europe do this!

Questions:
1. Due to the financial market, are you (the SRT team) still working on upgrade products for the CSRT4, which I hope, as it's is a great product line?

2. What’s the SRT teams recommendations of an appropriate upgrade path for the chassis (not for track use only but for a street car)?
Stock -> sway bars -> strut brace?

·
Registered
247 Posts
3. Many magazines complain about the under steer and the handling of the CSRT4, mostly this is due to poor driving skills IMO.
Can the SRT-team give some official pointers how to drive the CSRT4 correct? So the so called magazine driving experts could learn something? Like correct weight transfer technique.

4. Any recommendations where to add sound-damping mats in the CSRT4 to get the max sound damping for the least weight?

·
Registered
247 Posts
5.The information about the Oil flow through the engine says it’s +23% than stock, what is changed from the stock engine?.

6. What’s the spec of the oil pressure? (What pressure at what RPM)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I want to know how much testing on the clutch has been done since we know of a few that have failed even one at stock hp level.....And does the throttle closing have anything to do with the week clutch set up to prevent true power shifting.......

Also can you confirm if larger injector may have been placed in my car when they replaced my injectors and flashed the stock pcm I can only get a maximum of 26 or 27 on the highway with stage 1 everyone had improvments in fuel economy except me ??

I have pics for proof and again this came from a stock car no mods other than an airfilter....

·
Registered
247 Posts
7. what's the most fuel efficient RPM-range on the engine during low load and highway use (2000 ish)?

8. Will the SRT track experience (or simmilar) be done for international customers?

·
Registered
247 Posts
And my final question for this session

9. My new stock 2009 CSRT4 (2500 kms on the meter) sounds like a "diesel" when I take off in low gears or during load at lower revs sub 3k rpm, The "diesel" sound don't exist when I rev the engine with no load and no gear selected (i.e. clutch not engaged). any ideas?

Thank you again for taking time to be here. Really great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First off, thanks for the new 5.7L mods, they are GREAT, Hope you have something for the 6.1L in the near future!!
1.I have had problems with oil pooling in the throttle body, near #7&8 runners, it's causing smoking and misfire codes, I have only 8K on the clock, and don't track it. Do you have a suggestion on what to do, the Dealer is mistified!
It's an 06 SRT Charger
2.What changes were done to the Diff. in the 09 Challenger as compared to the 08 and prior Diff's, are the halfshafts better(hope) and if so, by how much....thanks!!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Why does the car at idle sometimes the RPMs move from 600 to 900rpms?

Does it have anything to do with the gaping on the sparkplugs?

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Perhaps now that a certain hurdle has been removed, will we ever see an SRT audio system with 2 subwoofers (OEM, not Mopar)?? Would love to hear it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi guys and thanks for doing this again!

-----------------
Question on behalf of EricG of 300cforums:

Dear SRT engineers,
My question is regarding high RPM operation of the 6.1 HEMI, please forgive how many questions I have but I don't think I will be able to follow up on any answers you may give because I will probably miss the live chat.

1.) How much high RPM testing did you do on the 6.1, and what made you choose 6100 as the redline?

2.) How dangerous is it to operate the 6.1 above 6100 rpms?

3.) What parts of the motor/drivetrain are most likely to fail from RPMS occasionally jumping in the 6500 range...or 7000 RPMS?

4.) What is a "for sure going to fail" PRM for this motor?

Thanks for all your hard work, my 300C SRT8 just keeps getting better!

Eric
------------------

Bernie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for holding these sessions, guys. They are very informative and greatly appreciated! I have three easy questions:

1. Are the rotors on the Challenger SRT directional? If so, why?

2. Are the 20" wheels on the Challenger SRT clear-coated or just polished?

3. How many miles will the spark plugs last in the 6.1? What type of platinum plug
do you recommend as a replacement?

1 - 20 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.