Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may sound ridiculous to some, but will the SRT be able to tow a light trailer? I know some boosted cars were not able to, others are. Dodge general Caliber literature showed a 1000 lb rating. Will it apply to the SRT-4?

:confused:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i would not see why it could not.. should be more than that though with the claimed 260 ft lb's of tq. and 300 hp.. plenty of power to pull a small trailer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Most likely, it will not have a trailer rating, all the other SRTs dont, except the Jeep. That does not mean it cant, just that if anything breaks and it can be blamed on towing, your on the hook for it.

Dale Seeley towed a small trailer behind his One Lap SRT-4 Neon entry for two years with no problems. And if it can take not only One Lap, but tow between events, Id say thats a pretty good indication right there.

But do be aware of potential warranty issues.

·
Registered
32 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Most likely, it will not have a trailer rating, all the other SRTs dont, except the Jeep. That does not mean it cant, just that if anything breaks and it can be blamed on towing, your on the hook for it.

Dale Seeley towed a small trailer behind his One Lap SRT-4 Neon entry for two years with no problems. And if it can take not only One Lap, but tow between events, Id say thats a pretty good indication right there.

But do be aware of potential warranty issues.
please be aware that dodge offers no legitimate warranty on any srt vehicle especially the srt 4's :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts