Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys/gals i was talking to a friend sunday about a caliber that he just bought....really nice car. anyways he said that the dealership was telling him about the srt model that was soon to come....i said " ya i know 300 hp and turbo..it's going to be sweet" he says.. "ya and all wheel drive". i said " you mean the r/t model right?" he said "no they told me the srt will be awd". i know that this is 2nd hand info, buy my fingers and toes crossed! :cool:

·
Registered
728 Posts
:mad:

It will NOT be awd, so un-cross your extremities.

·
Registered
285 Posts
And search before you ask. If you look under the Caliber SRT-4 subforum, you'll see several threads about this. But yes, a 300hp AWD Caliber would be badass.

·
Registered
47 Posts
IMHO, I would not even want a Caliber SRT unless it is AWD. The car needs AWD to make it a real performance vehicle. The high center of gravity, and torque steer from 300 ponies will make this beast unmanageable. There are several other vehicles that will do a much better job of performing in the same price range. Oh sure, it will sell as a FWD and people who get one will praise the vehicle, but they'll get smoked on the road and at Khana's by just about any other vehicle in the same class.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RobMR3 said:
And search before you ask. If you look under the Caliber SRT-4 subforum, you'll see several threads about this. But yes, a 300hp AWD Caliber would be badass.
yaa don't need to search i have read all about the caliber and that it won't be awd...i was just thought that i would share my story...and i am keeping the toes and finger crossed cause u never know the srt gods may bless us!

·
Registered
285 Posts
boostdog said:
cause u never know the srt gods may bless us!
One can always hope and pray!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts