Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals, I've got a few questions that I wanted to post here to gain some potential insight as to where various things are located in addition to some components that I may need.
_
For context, I technically don't own an SRT4, not even a Caliber, rather a Jeep; but as you may know, these systems are closely intertwined between both vehicles. This is obviously going to take quite a bit of time but I wanted to do the research now rather than run into any potential snags during the actual build.
_
The main objective that I have for the Jeep is essentially keeping the original motor but swapping out the trans for the DMT6 found in the SRT4 Caliber. Why the original motor you may ask, the 2.0L is more closely related to the 4B11T found in the Evo X. To some degree, these motors do have very slight deviations from one another (4B11T has an additional oil passage through the body of the head). I'll link my findings and evidence linking the Jeep 2.0L, SRT4 2.4L, and 4B11T together from the Jeep Forum below. So with the Jeep 2.0L sharing the same cylinder head design, cam profiles, and even valve length, this allows me to put Evo X specific parts on it such as; intake, and an eventual turbo manifold, all with relative ease.
_
So back to the subject at matter; as mentioned previously, I want to swap the existing CVT with the DMT6. I'm having a hard time knowing exactly all the wiring harnesses that I may need and which ones are the correct and incorrect ones. In addition, converting the automatic to the manual requires additional conversion of the management system (i.e. PCM), does the SRT4 have a designated PCM or is this managed by user input and the ECU? If this happens to be the case, what would that harness be considered? I ask this because I've seen some conflicting posts on here regarding this and wasn't too sure if they were even discussing the SRT4. I've tried to look for the specific transmission harness for the existing CVT and have had a difficult time finding anything.
_
Shifting from the Trans side of things to more or so the ECU. So with me swapping to the DMT6; including the trans harness and associated ECU, my goal is to take that factory SRT4 ECU and flash it with an NA tune (since turbos are expensive and require a lot more time and research). The next step would essentially be to install factory Evo X turbo and manifold(s) onto the motor and then reflash (or tune?) the ECU to the stock Air/fuel and spark timing MAP file for the Evo X onto the factory ECU.
_
Now all of this may seem over-complicated and evidentially pointless but when you look at R&D on Evo blocks and heads, they are exponentially more expensive than the motors that are in these cars (with exception of the SRT4). Please feel free to add to the discussion, I need as much insight as I can get. If I left anything out or if there is anything else that I may need when swapping the trans assemblies, aside from clutch pedals, cylinders, and linkages, I would appreciate the advice!

Link to the Jeep Forum

1 - 1 of 1 Posts