Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would it be possilbe to just swap the neon srt-4 motor into a caliber now instead of waiting for the Caliber srt4?
i know they are worth the wait, but some ppl can be impatient, so would this be possible or has anyone attempted this b4?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Anything is possible... but unless you really wanted to get it done it may cost more than the difference of just waiting to trade yours in and getting an SRT-4 just for the modifications alone minus the srt-4 drivetrain. Very different engine and tranny in the caliber.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fingernipp said:
Anything is possible... but unless you really wanted to get it done it may cost more than the difference of just waiting to trade yours in and getting an SRT-4 just for the modifications alone minus the srt-4 drivetrain. Very different engine and tranny in the caliber.
+1

For the cost of the motor/trans, all the parts required for the swap, labor... you'd have enough money saved up for a good down payment on the upcoming srt4, and probably some left over to mod it.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
it'd probally cost less for a custom turbo on the cali engine however the drivetrain, clutch/fly no LSD etc. let alone suspension/body kit would all cost more than an srt which would have a warranty

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
to do a neon-SRT4 swap you would need
Engine
Transmission
Engine harness. [electronics for engine]
custom mounts [because i doubt its a straight swap, or even close.
custom exhaust [at least to make it as long as the caliber
bodykit isnt really essential
... and all for around 250hp. [stock]

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have been thinking about buying a srt motor and putting it in a jeep wrangler...... but then i think about how much it is going to cost me..........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts