Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have been like many of you waiting for the SRT4 to arrive; however an opportunity may have come up this week for a sweet deal on an SRT6 coupe with low KM well below standard retail given a friend of the family.

So, do you ditch the winter beater and get the caliber srt4 as a great all arounder for more money and live with the depreciation, OR keep the winter beater and get the SRT6 and live with the fact it is an automatic when you love stick? as the deal is really good on the SRT6, you could drive it for a few years and sell it for near what you paid and maybe then at that time get the srt4 if the manual thing was still bothering me... who knows.

The ride was fun, deffinetly a great summer sports car minus the auto tranny... thoughts?

·
Registered
343 Posts
by SRT6, I'm assuming it's a Crossfire...if that's the case...GET IT, but keep in mind it has all Mercedes mechanicals...and upkeep costs

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well that's an easy question; wait for the Caliber.

This of course is just MY opinion which is based on the fact that even with the seat all the way back, I am too tall to FIT in an SRT6.

Other than that though, i'd go with the Crossfire if i was shorter. :cool:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
ehhh i never have been a fan of the crossfire...but for the right price maybe...it would suck to buy it and the srt-4 to be bad a$s and get beat by me all the time. depends on what your into...i need 4 doors and room sooo

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
boostdog said:
ehhh i never have been a fan of the crossfire...but for the right price maybe...it would suck to buy it and the srt-4 to be bad a$s and get beat by me all the time. depends on what your into...i need 4 doors and room sooo
if the srt4 does 4.8 0-60 i'd be impressed lol... but i hear ya, just can't seem to get excited about since it is automatic and all those other things

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
^^ there ya go that's a great idea...just make sure that you buy it right to begin with and you should be good.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I'd say get the SRT-6. They were a low production car. Wasn't as hot of a seller as DC expected. In a few years, I feel they will be in high demand due to being low production.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts