Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if this bankruptcy effects any stage 1 orders? Its already a 6 week wait, wonder if this will be even longer? Will it still be offered? If not, I better be able to get my money back.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would think that there might be a delay, parts suppliers have held off on shipping due to the bankruptcy proceedings. It'll be business as usual after the proceedings but they're talking up to 8 weeks , so I'd expect a significant delay on some orders.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I just heard on fox news that Fiat is going to do away with the SRT engineers.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
:icon_flaming::icon_flaming::icon_flaming:
Man I hope not been waiting 5 weeks now and thought maybe I was due any day? :mecry:
hahhhaa i feel you im on 5 and half weeks im pissed already:icon_flaming::icon_flaming::icon_flaming::icon_flaming:

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
We may just have went from owning SRT4's to owning collectors items.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Fiat wont hold enough shares to make drastic calls like that, its a partnership not a take over lol.

And Mopar is not apart of Chrysler it is own company sold off when Cerebus took over Chrysler, so I dont see how Chrysler declaring bankruptcy would effect it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Fiat wont hold enough shares to make drastic calls like that, its a partnership not a take over lol.

And Mopar is not apart of Chrysler it is own company sold off when Cerebus took over Chrysler, so I dont see how Chrysler declaring bankruptcy would effect it.
And DailmerChrysler was a "Merger" of equals.

Where do you get that, about Mopar? Mopar is a brand name in the family of Chrysler products. There is no separate company named "Mopar".

Here is the US trademark link. Note the date and owner.
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4007:vll6g4.2.18

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm kinda glad that I lease my csrt4, it gives me a bit of security and flexibility in the short term if things don't recover well for Chrysler. I'll need to make a decision on the car in terms of purchasing or returning it in about 15 months. I gotta say that the new Camaro is looking real nice though, I'm digging that car a lot.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
really hope your kidding

We may just have went from owning SRT4's to owning collectors items.
thats maybe true .. but they cant get rid of the SRT line up just yet b/c i still need to get my 300CSRT8

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder if I could cancel and buy it from someone here? Could I just plug it in and go after doing the ETC calibration? I've heard all of the VIN #'s need to be the same. There was a thread on this I think last week but one person said its ok and no one else confirmed.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I wonder if I could cancel and buy it from someone here? Could I just plug it in and go after doing the ETC calibration? I've heard all of the VIN #'s need to be the same. There was a thread on this I think last week but one person said its ok and no one else confirmed.
You can do it just fine. Starscan can do it all.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can do it just fine. Starscan can do it all.
So the starscan fixes the VIN and everything? Or does the VIN really not need to match?

I just don't want to cancel, get it from someone else who already has it, and then have it not work and totally screw myself.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I can't find any record of this...not saying it isn't true but I can't find it anywhere. What I did find was in one of Nardelli's briefs on why the Fiat deals works is a mention of the fact that one of the things Fiat is interested in is applying the "SRT" concepts and name recognition to the Fiat brand.

SRT exists today because its a profitable endeavour I can't seem them eliminating something that is profitable.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would take anything FOX news says with a grain of salt anyways.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
i just got an email back from modern performance they said that they are still getting shipments in and that they dont see it being a problem. and they have not been told anything about the shipments being stopped so hopefully mine will get here soon!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts