Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my wife to work and while i am making a lefthand turn i am shifting down into second gear and the the engine shuts of everything dead ,i scared the hell out of me no control off stearing or breaks only emergency breaks ,any body had this hapent before????

·
Registered
140 Posts
tupmeier said:
I just took my wife to work and while i am making a lefthand turn i am shifting down into second gear and the the engine shuts of everything dead ,i scared the hell out of me no control off stearing or breaks only emergency breaks ,any body had this hapent before????
yes it was posted awhile ago, the person who had it fixed it by getting a key chain that weighed less, theres the thread for it, hope it helps... http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1894

·
Registered
71 Posts
There is already a thread on stalling, but last night coming home from work mine stalled three times at stop, once it restarted by itself the other two I had to restart, and I just had it in for an oil change yesterday morning and the only thing they found wrong was the computer said at 4000 KM the wrong key was used and I've never used any other key. I start to wonder if the key is not transmitting all the time and the security is shutting the car off. I'll have to take it back and see if the computer recorded anything.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
proplem is ,i dont have any keychain on my key just a coupler house keys thats it and when i checkt the key in the ignition it was in the on position not the ac position,so i don't think thats this is the same Proplem ,anyway we will know more at noon today the car is at the dealer since 9am today will see what they find

·
Registered
506 Posts
yed i def have the same problem... i have to call the dealer cuz they have parts on order for me for over a week now... will update soon enough...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dealer can't find anything wrong with the car :mad: ,(i wish they found something atleast it would explain thinks)will try tomorow again but i dit repordet the proplem to chrysler head office,the more complain the sooner they realize that there is a proplem,Cheers thomas

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am taking the car back to the dealer tomorow morning they realy want to help, will also let them know about the cam sensor ,i realy hope that they will find something also chrysler told me to tell the service department about this website so they can read them self that i am not the only one who has this proplem,later Thomas

·
Registered
901 Posts
mealso said:
There is already a thread on stalling, but last night coming home from work mine stalled three times at stop, once it restarted by itself the other two I had to restart, and I just had it in for an oil change yesterday morning and the only thing they found wrong was the computer said at 4000 KM the wrong key was used and I've never used any other key. I start to wonder if the key is not transmitting all the time and the security is shutting the car off. I'll have to take it back and see if the computer recorded anything.
It restarted by itself??? Whoa.

The computer said the wrong key was used?? Ok, it wasn't.. But that implies there is a log being stored, like a black box, then....??!??! I wonder how much history it keeps?

·
Registered
506 Posts
umm ok i have the same problem with my car and the stalling... dealer checked the computer... and said it's fine... i'm gonna ask them when i go back for my new "tail fin" they have to replace mine cuz it had a strange little bump in it... quite peculiar...

·
Registered
976 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
It restarted by itself??? Whoa.

The computer said the wrong key was used?? Ok, it wasn't.. But that implies there is a log being stored, like a black box, then....??!??! I wonder how much history it keeps?
The black box on vehicles has been around for a while,it will tell how fast
you were going if airbags deployed,if brakes were applied etc..
In a case in which you have been charged with an accident the info
can be court ordered as evidence.
You thought big brother wasn't watching-SURPRISE!!!!

Is the stalling limited to the 1.8/5 speeds only?

·
Registered
506 Posts
i think so... not sure haven't heard it from anyone with any of the CVTs

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Flash upgrade for 1.8 liter to improve characteristics and idle undershoot. Flash to the latest characteristics for TIMP and PCM
Further improvements coming in Nov. I think I'll wait till Nov to have mine done. Just thought I'd let you Know they are working on it.this one was postet by me_also on another forum,Cheers thomas

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mistermario said:
are you saying they have some sofrt of new flash out now to help?
I don't think so lets contact me_also and ask him where he got his information from

·
Registered
71 Posts
The update is for vehicles built before 07/35/06. Ther is no service bulletin for this. The flash is to improve vehicle launch chariteritics and idle undershoot for thhe 1.8 ltr. Ther are working on it and more improvements will be forthcoming in November. All you can do is ask your service guy to download the latest flash updates if yor vehcle was built before the date posted above and it should improve your driveability. As I posted in the other forum I am going to wait till Nov. but I have talked to my mechanic and he said anytime I'm ready he will flash it with the lasted software no problem.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for the clarification :) I guess I will wait also… It does get kind of embarrassing when I have a car full of people and it stall… they all look at me like what you don’t know how to drive a stick!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mistermario said:
Thanks for the clarification :) I guess I will wait also… It does get kind of embarrassing when I have a car full of people and it stall… they all look at me like what you don’t know how to drive a stick!
,i have the car in tomorow all day they contacted tech at chrysler today for the flash but after two hours waiting they told that they hat a hard time reaching anyone in a timerly mader so they try tomorow and the car will there all day so will see if that flash will help and also will order the new mirror at the same time ,cheers thomas

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
just got the car back and instandly i feel like i have more power no more delay when you push the troodle,like before you feelt a little nothing ,but now its instandly ,i just love it,cheers thomas
Ps : and something else my service guy told me was that chrysler told him is if you do not specialy ask for the flash they will not do it ,thats kind of stupid isend it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Please Please Please post the TSP # for this when it is available! I have the same problem with my 1.8L, and it's really annoying! The delear said they couldn't find anything when I had it in, but if I have a # to give them, they can do it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts