Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a 'not so bad' wait. I finally got my Dodge Caliber SXT 5-speed. placed the order on May 10th. I went down to see my new baby and I drive home with it saturday morning. I love the "This car is built especially for Brian" (Name's Brian btw). so I got the caliber in about 3 months for factory order. The dealership said that they are suprised I got my car and the only reason I was able to talk my sales person down in the price a bit was cause she didn't think i'd even get the car and it would pass allocation (believe thats the right term) or something. Anyway, I can't wait to get it in my driveway. The next 24 hours are gonna be worse then the 3 months...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Great news for those who ordered in May. Get your camera ready.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Ninbri64 said:
after a 'not so bad' wait. I finally got my Dodge Caliber SXT 5-speed. placed the order on May 10th. I went down to see my new baby and I drive home with it saturday morning. I love the "This car is built especially for Brian" (Name's Brian btw). so I got the caliber in about 3 months for factory order. The dealership said that they are suprised I got my car and the only reason I was able to talk my sales person down in the price a bit was cause she didn't think i'd even get the car and it would pass allocation (believe thats the right term) or something. Anyway, I can't wait to get it in my driveway. The next 24 hours are gonna be worse then the 3 months...
I have the same car coming in soon (I hope). How does the Blue look?? If you end up posting pics I would love to see the blue and how the 5-speed shifter look. Havent' seen many good picture of either of those
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I definitely post pics of whatever you guys want like the 5 speed shifter and all. I think the stick shift is in a comfortable position too. I took one picture of it already and it kina looks black. the steel blue seems to not come out well in cameras but ill try again looks great in person.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Congratulations :) I have the same color and a 5 Speed. It was a pain to find that color in an SXT with a 5 speed but I finally did. I would have hated to wait that long.... I also know how the wait can be I gave a deposit over the phone and drove 2 hours to PA to look at mine and then I had to go back 2 days later to pick it up and that two days seemed like FOREVER! Mine does look black in the shade but I love the color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, i must say... this car is amazing.
i picked it up today at the dealer at around 11am this morning and drove it home. no its not the fastest car on the block, but man its spacious and just has like a tank feeling. I love it though. i'll post pics soon. as of right now, i could'nt be happier with the car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Hey,

i wich you all the best.

succes from belgium !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
B74ubba said:
I have the same car coming in soon (I hope). How does the Blue look?? If you end up posting pics I would love to see the blue and how the 5-speed shifter look. Havent' seen many good picture of either of those
Here is a link to an earlier thread when my steel blue R/T arrived. There's a few bright photos there that give a pretty good rendering of the steel blue. It's a difficult colour to represent well in a photo.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1245
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Great news for those who ordered in May. Get your camera ready.
Yeah anyone who ordered their Calibers in May or even June should start to see some progress. I ordered mine May 1st and its been built and shipped. I'm currently waiting on it to be shipped from the Buffalo railyard to my dealer via truck. Also, the 2 other orders for Calibers that were ordered in May from the same dealership as mine have already been built, shipped, delivered, and picked up by the customer. He already has Calibers for stock about to go to D1 status that were ordered in June. So I would suspect that anyone who ordered theirs in April, May, or June could see some progress soon.

Nobody has been talking about the assembly plant issues, so maybe they're worked out and they can start pumping out some Calibers and catch up.

Congrats on the Steel Blue Caliber! Steel Blue looks really, really good on a Caliber and the only reason I didn't get it is because you can't get package 24E (Sport Package) with it. Otherwise I would have seriously considered it. Make sure you get those rear side/hatch windows tinted. Its a must on a Caliber of any color! :D
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top