Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with the pinging noise which by the way is annoying as all hell i have yet a new problem with my caliber. When i cut the whell tight to either the left or the right theres almost like a grinding noise which is very loud. I mean this is supposed to be a 2007 which should equal no problerms my car has 712 miles on it and yet i have 2 problems already. Does anyone else have the same steering issues?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man for the help. Does your caliber have any issues besides for the pinging bullshit that everyone is talking about.

·
Banned
554 Posts
I've had the Caliber Click (pinging), slight creaking of my driver's window after roll-up that's went away on it's own, the chill zone wouldn't stay open (dealer fixed), and I needed my sunroof adjusted. I think the sunroof was from going through an automatic car wash that was too powerful. Minor stuff IMO.

I went through similar stuff with my Ram & Magnum when I first got them, after the bugs were worked out though they have been VERY reliable. My buddy just spent over $60,000 on a vehicle and it's had bigger/more problems than my lil' Caliber. It's been at the dealership more than at his house, so.........

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dom - if you are turning the steering box to its full extent on either side, a "grinding" noise may be normal - steering assemblies tend to make noise when jammed against the stops.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My thoughts exactly, Power steering normaly do make a noise when cut to the hardest point. All of my cars that had power steering made that noise when cut hard, some louder than others!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts