Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was driving to work this morning, jamming out to a little bit of Nickelback when Lord an Behold my stereo started to cut out on the right side.:mad: :confused: Well now I don't need this, I am going on vacation in 3 days, I need my tunes. So, I got to work and I decided to take off front door panel to check speaker wires....Well that sure was not easy, I was able to get it apart far enough to wiggle wires, but could not get the panel all the way off?? Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? I wiggled the wires and no cutting out, so I think it is at the head unit(Great, I am sure that is just as easy to get to) Any suggestions on the door panel or head unit would be greatly appreciated.:)

Thanks, Bryant

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine was cutting out on the Left side and only when using Satellite Radio. I pulled the radio out and found the plug from the Sirius Box was loose, and just fell out. I put it back in tight and have not had a problem Since.

It is very simple to pull your stereo out and check these.

1. Make sure your on flat level ground
2. Set emergency brake and then with the ignition on, but engine off, put the car in Drive and pull up on the shifter handle. It will just slide off.
3. With a flat spatula or something similar you slide it in on the sides to release the plastic tabs. There are 4 on the shifter bezel, and it will just pop off.
4. Same with radio bezel, it has the same type of tabs, just more of them, and it will just pop off.
5. Remove the 4 screws around the radio and it will slide out. Then just check the wires on the driver side near the top and make sure they are plugged in tightly.

Good Luck

Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will try that. Has anyone taken off the door panels yet? I would still like to do that without breaking anything.:eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well took the dash bezel off, was pretty tight but came off. Not to hard. But, no problems with the wires there. Not sure where the problem is maybe in the doors somewhere.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
the speakers are very easy to get to....if you look at the surround on the door that panel pops right off and walla a star screw bit( 2 actually they are diff sizes) and the speakers comes out. i replaced all 4 speakers in about 20 mins.

·
Registered
153 Posts
bg77 said:
Well took the dash bezel off, was pretty tight but came off. Not to hard. But, no problems with the wires there. Not sure where the problem is maybe in the doors somewhere.
Sorry to hear that did not fix the problem, Might be time to take it to the dealer.

I took mine to the dealer, and they said they had to tie up the cables behind the dash, but when I got it back, the problem happened again, and I just decided to take the stereo out, and that is when I found the connector was loose. It just fell out when I slid out the stereo.

Good Luck

Mike

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Is there a stock amplifier with the BA sound system? If so, maybe there are loose wires on the amp, or the amp is going bad. Was a problem on some of the Dakotas with the Infinity system and stock amp.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the basic system, stock stereo, and 4 door speakers, and 2 in the dash(I think)

·
Registered
140 Posts
^^ no dash speakers... just the 4 doors on the bone stock radio

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
My speaker on the drivers side was cutting off a few times a day. Service guy at the dealers asked if I kept my cellphone in the cubby under the radio. I said yes, he said don't. No problems the last 3 months.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
xlimodriver said:
My speaker on the drivers side was cutting off a few times a day. Service guy at the dealers asked if I kept my cellphone in the cubby under the radio. I said yes, he said don't. No problems the last 3 months.
That's even mentioned in the owners manual.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Really?? No ****???? I keep mine in that exact spot. I will have to move it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you have a bluetooth phone, it'll give radio interference every now and again or before it rings if it's close to a source (computer, CD player, TV)..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts