Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a Durango with the same stereo that comes in the Caliber: AM/FM/CD/MP3 w/6 disc changer. He inserted a CD and everything just jammed up on him. It won't change discs and it won't play discs. He can't get anything to eject. Basically, his unit is AM/FM only at this point. He thinks that if he can get into the unit and remove whatever disc is jamming things up, he can get it working again. He can get the unit out of the dash, but he doesn't know what to do from there. Any suggestions for him? Anyone have experience opening up these units?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Michael K. said:
My friend has a Durango with the same stereo that comes in the Caliber: AM/FM/CD/MP3 w/6 disc changer. He inserted a CD and everything just jammed up on him. It won't change discs and it won't play discs. He can't get anything to eject. Basically, his unit is AM/FM only at this point. He thinks that if he can get into the unit and remove whatever disc is jamming things up, he can get it working again. He can get the unit out of the dash, but he doesn't know what to do from there. Any suggestions for him? Anyone have experience opening up these units?
Take it to the dealer for warranty. Might not get his discs back, but he will get a new head unit. To bad you don't live in the states. I know where a factory 6-disc/casette head unit is that came out of a magnum SRT-8. Could get it for a very good price.

·
Registered
644 Posts
^^ my concern is that you have a firepit in your living room?
sry to thread jack, just thought it looked a little funny

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Not my living room. My father-in-laws house, and it's just decoration. They are both outdoor people who like to hunt and camp.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Darren07RT said:
^^ my concern is that you have a firepit in your living room?
sry to thread jack, just thought it looked a little funny

Ya my dad bought it for my mom last Christmas and they have never even used it outside... Why I have NO clue. SO now its a coffee table.. Kinda of a retarted place to put it IMO. MY mom doesnt even like it in there but my dad does....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts