Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes, your steering wheel controls should work with aftermarket head units. They're wired into the stereo and should work regardless.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I agree with Silverfox, as long as you get the correct piggyback/ hardwire it correctly it will work. I don't see it not working as it is all wired to work that specific way.

·
Registered
381 Posts
BTW: The steering wheel controls are excellent. It only takes a minute or two to figure them out, and by being behind the wheel... it keeps it looking clean. Nice work Dodge!

Aaron

·
Registered
39 Posts
anyone have any updates on this? I'm wanting to still have my steering wheel controls with a pioneer deh-p5900IB HU.
the thread kind of looks dead but it's worth a shot...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I think its actually controlled through the can-bus but im sure it can be done somehow. The radio has no exterior controls in its pinout.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not sure what you guys are getting at. An aftermarket stereo is almost certainly NOT compatible with CAN-BUS which the steering wheel controls use.

There are aftermarket adapters for this purpose for other cars but I don't think I've seen one for newer Dodges yet.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Yep. Its definetly not a simple hook up. You will need something to bypass the can-bus and run directly to the steering wheel controls. Or maybe a module that can read from the can bus and output the signals you need.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Check out http://www.pac-audio.com/ They have a number of products listed there that might be of interest to those folks that want to make connections between stock hardware and aftermarket units. (Look for the SWI-CAN and C2R-CHYNA devices...)

- Gus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts