Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on Putting an audio system in my caliber soon due to the fact that stero is doing werid things. I went ahead and ordered some speakers. BTW for thoose that don't know their 6x9's all the way around. Anyways. I had a few questions. First of all is their an option for a navi system in the car and if any has pics could you please post them. Secondly im wondering if any of you have any idea of what kind of connector ill need for speakers. The plugs are a 3 pin rectulangar plug hopefully i can post some pics tommarow night, let me know help is much app.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Call Crutchfield. They usually have factory connectors so there's minimal wire splicing.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
+2, Crutchfield should be a good choice..

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've always ordered throught Crutchfield. Sometimes they're a little more expensive, but their Tech line is great. And they do sent lots of free stuff when you order speakers and head units.

·
Registered
901 Posts
mriccucci said:
Im planning on Putting an audio system in my caliber soon due to the fact that stero is doing werid things....
Just wondering, which stereo unit do you have, and what weird things is it doing?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sounds like the music gate option would have been a worthwhile option for you.

The sound system in my caliber sounds better than the all JL Audio/ED woofer that I had in my echo. Granted there's less knock you silly bass, but all in all it's a much cleaner sound.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have had custom stereos in a few cars I have owned. I think the Musicgate has better all around sound quality than those others. They may have had better bass in one, better mids in another, etc........ But this sounds good at all volume levels. minimal distortion.

/derail
back on topic.
Crutchfield should have all the wiring harnesses you should need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts