Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had our Caliber since the beginning of April and I noticed(heard) the engine would knock and ping after reaching normal operating temps.
At the 3k servicing, I mentioned my concern about the knocking and was told by the Service Rep that this was "normal" and that there was no service bulletin regarding this issue.
A month and 3k later, I again expressed my disatisfaction with the knocking but by this time, the F29 bulletin was issued and the Service Rep said that the problem would be solved.
The Caliber now has 9k miles and it's still knocking. To make my next service visit shorter, I scheduled it for the beginning of October to give the dealership time to order a new rear wiper motor that "died" so as to not have to leave the car overnight; the Rep told me that I'd have to leave it as long as it took them to find the problem (wiper does'nt work-motor does'nt even make any noise).
I'll get back as soon as this issue is attended to by the dealership (which appears to be foundering).:)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Chrysler is well aware that the F29 update does not solve the engine knock in all cases. Mine also still knocks, mostly at idle on a hot day. My dealer told me Chrysler is working on the problem.

My question is how long is this 'working on it' going to take? How much damage is being done in the mean time? Any dealer that says knocking is normal is just BS'ing. A little knocking now and then is no big deal. Constant knocking especially at idle can be a serious issue as years go on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts