Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I order my Caliber r/t TI the 8th of May.I m still waiting.The dealer told me the estimated date is the 3rd week of October.I don t beleive it,6 month to have my car.Maybe because i m from Quebec,it take much longer.Did somebody wait that long.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We ordered an R/T AWD on May & are still waiting. Last Thursday, dealer checked & said it was on hold for a bit & then released from QA. It was just sitting at the plant in queue wiating to be loaded on rail car.

So any day now.....week 18 & still counting....

J

·
Registered
267 Posts
Still waiting here also...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I ordered May 11 and am still sitting in BX. I am currently fighting with my dealer to get this escalated.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I doubt the dealer can do anything to rush anyone's order. They may tell you that they will "red flag" it, but it isn't going to come any quicker no matter what they do. They just tell you that to make you feel better about it.

The simple fact is, it will take as long as it takes. And yes, fortunately those of us who found this forum are aware of that ahead of time so that we know and understand what's going on. Once we get our cars, we'll probably quickly forget how long it took :)

By the way, some of you might find amusement at some of the comments at the bottom of that article thats on the #3 post. LOL

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
That is crazy that the wait can be from 6 weeks to 6 months for these cars. I ordered mine after all of you and i followed it from D status to shipping all within around 6 weeks.

·
Registered
911 Posts
RadioDude said:
I doubt the dealer can do anything to rush anyone's order. They may tell you that they will "red flag" it, but it isn't going to come any quicker no matter what they do. They just tell you that to make you feel better about it.

The simple fact is, it will take as long as it takes. And yes, fortunately those of us who found this forum are aware of that ahead of time so that we know and understand what's going on. Once we get our cars, we'll probably quickly forget how long it took :)

By the way, some of you might find amusement at some of the comments at the bottom of that article thats on the #3 post. LOL
They were able to rush my order through. Mine went into D1 on Aug 10th, and was built the next night (Aug 11/12), pushed ahead of any other order scheduled to be built that day (Aug 11). Also, it was pulled from quality control and immediately put on a railcar for shipment. The owner of my dealership knows someone in Detroit with some pull though so that might of made the difference.

I guess it depends on who you know...

Sometimes the rail shipment can take for freaking ever! This is something that nobody can control at all. Not the dealer, or Chrysler. That takes as long as it takes. The train will take a few days to actually leave the rail yard in Chicago. It will then make many stops along the way to load and unload other items on the train. Also, sometimes it will sit in another rail yard along the way for a day or two before it moves again. To give people any idea, it took from Monday after noon until very early Friday morning to go from Chicago, IL, to Buffalo, NY. Then it sat at the rail yard in Buffalo for 2 days while it was sorted and put on a truck to be shipped to the dealer. So give it about a week once its built and released from quality control.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm on week 14.....rggggggggggggg!
And stuck renting a Jeep Liberty, blah!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've noticed the close timing of all the new SXT owners announcing delivery and the emergence of the members waiting on their R/T's. In an unrecalled previous thread, someone in the know advised assembly was doing SXT's.
I believe once the move to the R/T models is done, those waiting will get them shortly. Looks like they are batching model rather than onesy-twosy. Can't believe I just typed onesy-twosy.:)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I feel bad... I was in my dealer on a Saturday, got my R/T the following Tuesday...:eek:

·
Registered
911 Posts
TechMan said:
I've noticed the close timing of all the new SXT owners announcing delivery and the emergence of the members waiting on their R/T's. In an unrecalled previous thread, someone in the know advised assembly was doing SXT's.
I believe once the move to the R/T models is done, those waiting will get them shortly. Looks like they are batching model rather than onesy-twosy. Can't believe I just typed onesy-twosy.:)
Contrary to what I may of posted before, they actually don't build cars that way. They can build whatever model the computer puts into line as long as the parts to build the car are available. They have parts to build SE, SXT, SXT Sport, and R/T nearly all the time. So they can build an SXT Sport, then an SE, and then an R/T model one right after another. The thing that may be holding them back is if a part they want for an option or something thats standard on a car isn't in stock at the assembly plant. For example, the assembly plant may have a shortage of 2.4 Liter engines and/or AWD systems so only a limited amount of R/T Models are being made with that configuration. But they don't build cars by models. That simply isn't true.

Sometimes an order can just sit in the computer and not move for a few months for no apparent reason. Thats actually what happened to mine until the dealer raised some hell and then someone forced the computer to put my order through.

·
Registered
901 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
...They have parts to build SE, SXT, SXT Sport, and R/T nearly all the time. So they can build an SXT Sport, then an SE, and then an R/T model one right after another.....
ha, not to mention, all the other models that go to other countries...

orangecalibersxt said:
...Sometimes an order can just sit in the computer and not move for a few months for no apparent reason....
You'd think that after a certain amount of time past the expected time frame (like in Tigerr's case) that a >real person< would look at the computer scheduling program and figure out why certain cars keep getting passed over and not put into the mix.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts