Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue:
Ordered my caliber on 7/27 and it moved to D status within 3 weeks. It has been there since. My dealer (salesman), which I found out resigned from the dealer yesterday (9/19), stated when I ordered it, it would take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. I went in today and found out that it is still in D status but still has an estimate ship date of 09/09. Yes!! Of this Year...06. Now I dealing with the sales manager and he is taking care of this. Wondering if any one else seeing/hearing the same thing. I live on the south side of chicago. It's not like they are sending to the moon or over seas.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
meiermar said:
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue:
Ordered my caliber on 7/27 and it moved to D status within 3 weeks. It has been there since. My dealer (salesman), which I found out resigned from the dealer yesterday (9/19), stated when I ordered it, it would take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. I went in today and found out that it is still in D status but still has an estimate ship date of 09/09. Yes!! Of this Year...06. Now I dealing with the sales manager and he is taking care of this. Wondering if any one else seeing/hearing the same thing. I live on the south side of chicago. It's not like they are sending to the moon or over seas.
6-8 weeks is the standard time frame most new vehicles are ready in. The calibers had some set backs at the factory with software glitches on the equiptment, which has been well covered on here in other threads. So they were behind on keeping up with orders. They now are at full production, so you should be getting your car soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don t worry,you will have your car in 5 or 6 month.I bought mine the 8th of May and the dealer(how i talk too every week to remember him that i still waiting)told me yesterday that it schedule to arrive the 10th of October.Maybe it will be faster if i was living on the moon...HOPE that the delivery date is true.Maybe you will receive your ,before i see the color of it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I work at a Dodge dealership in Houston, and I ordered my Caliber on 7-15-06, It arrived at the Dealership on 9-19-06.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Must be nice...I ordered mine on 7/12 and its still in a BG status. I have checked with the dealer about every week lately and there does not seem to be any holdups with the order (allocation or parts) its just still sitting. I live in south Louisiana

·
Registered
46 Posts
My wife and I ordered our Caliber on June 7th. August 12th was the ship date. My dealer told me it got sent to Ohio to fix recall. Today was 14 weeks, I'm getting really sick of waiting.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Loose Goose said:
My wife and I ordered our Caliber on June 7th. August 12th was the ship date. My dealer told me it got sent to Ohio to fix recall. Today was 14 weeks, I'm getting really sick of waiting.
Maybe it got sent to Ohio because they were offered a better price for it? I dunno. If it was shipped Aug 14th, it shoudl have been there. Doesn't take a month and a half to do any recall, especially since the only "recall" was to re-flash the PCM and your's shouldn't have been affected by that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just went to dodge.com and looked under caliber specs. and when to build a caliber and noticed that they removed the caliber sport 24e. Wondering if this is all the problems that we are having with getting our orders.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Major changes to the Caliber lineup, you are right. No longer available is the color insert seats for the SXT, they added the Navigation radio to ordering. Colored insert seats are only available to the R/T, ESP is only available to the 1.8L engine with manual.

I'm pretty sure Chrysler is making a mistake now, but they probably don't care at this point, the big selling points for the Caliber are becoming more expensive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, as I posted earlier. I am still waiting for my car. It was ordered on 07/12 and here it is 13 weeks later and still no car. The status changed to BX on Monday 10/09, then changed back to BG on Wednesday. I don't know what the heck is going on!! The dealer can't seem to find out what's going on either.

·
Registered
901 Posts
meiermar said:
Just went to dodge.com and looked under caliber specs. and when to build a caliber and noticed that they removed the caliber sport 24e. Wondering if this is all the problems that we are having with getting our orders.
um, no.
As noted in another thread somewhere, dodge.com has errors and it is not what dealers use to order vehicles. It's just a fun thing for customers to "get close" to help figure out what they want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not waiting any longer. Just received my car tonight (12 week waiting is now over). Hope all of you still waiting get your car soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts