Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't own a Caliber yet or I would check the manual but was wondering what the stock exhaust diameters are for each model or are they all the same. Just a little info I need for future possible exhuast mods.

I searched but didnt come up with this exact info!! Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
The exhausts removed from our SXTs is: Main pipe from cat to muffler is 2" OD. Input to main pipe from cat is 2 1/4" ID. There is a resonator/muffler in the forward part of the main section.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Badpenny said:
The exhausts removed from our SXTs is: Main pipe from cat to muffler is 2" OD. Input to main pipe from cat is 2 1/4" ID. There is a resonator/muffler in the forward part of the main section.
That's exactly what my R/T's exhaust looked like. I can't believe how HUGE that freaking muffler is. Holy crap. That and how crappy the exhaust is :(

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was thinking about making my own cat-back. I would run a 2 1/2 inch pipe from the cat to a nice free flowing 2 1/2 inch muffler with no resonator. Would this be too big for our caliber? I don't wanna sound like a Honda. And I don't want a loud exhaust drone inside the Caliber either.

·
Registered
377 Posts
jguerra3235 said:
I was thinking about making my own cat-back. I would run a 2 1/2 inch pipe from the cat to a nice free flowing 2 1/2 inch muffler with no resonator. Would this be too big for our caliber? I don't wanna sound like a Honda. And I don't want a loud exhaust drone inside the Caliber either.
Resonators helpt to eliminate drone and lower the pitch of the exhaust note, so cutting it out would defeat your purpose.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
jguerra3235 said:
So should I run a 2 1/2 pipe from the resonator back?
Just use a free flowing resonator. Usually a chambered muffler or even a gutted cat work well as resonators. I've used a glasspack before as a resonator as well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
HSKR said:
I've used a glasspack before as a resonator as well.
Glasspacks still suffer from blow-out, enough abuse and you have a fiberglass puff sticking out your tail pipe. Had a friend who went through one set of Cherry Bombs and one set of Thrush glasspacks within two months time before he broke down and bought a set of Dynomax Super Turbo chambered mufflers.

Magnaflow sells good resonators, Summit Racing also sells resonators. Though I am more partial to Magnaflow's version, they look and sound so good:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts