Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Amandyke said:
It'll easily handle 700+ hp. I've got one that's turbo AND supercharged. It's a bit non-standard. But it makes a great noise! Stock everything btw!
and why would you do this???? It's illogical twin charging an engine. which ever one makes the most boost is going to determine the power level....and there is a good chance the turbo is boosting higher which means it could cavitate the s/c or the s/c is depresurizing the turbo's boost....I call BULL**** on this one... i dont understand why everyone would want to do this. Like the cobalt owners for one....http://hahnracecraft.com/ProjectVehicles/New_Folder/Cobalt/CobaltSS.htm

·
Registered
143 Posts
caliber172 said:
This is a valid question, most of us are curious. Wdy does Dodge make 3 diffrernt stages for the Neon? We want more, more, more. There is a chance someone actually knows the answer, for the rest of us with no pacience what do we do except ask others in a fourm while we wate.
First off dodge doesn't make neons anymore. the r/t and the regular neon where the only ones but the stoped makeing the r/t it was just the reg. neon and then the srt-4 came on. it was more progress than demand for "more, more,more." no car will last a month w/ 500-600hp.longevity and that kind of performance dont exist. you either rebuild the engine from wear and tear or put it on ebay. it's pretty much impossible to make 500-600hp w/out upgrading the internals. just a turbo or s/c will not give that much hp w/out internals...listen to this srt-4 from AMS Performance...by the sound you can tell it was borred out and by the chop of the engine you can tell it has a wild ass cam

SRT-4 Vid

·
Registered
143 Posts
boostdog said:
Barking Spider I assume you are talking directly about the caliber when you make your statement about "it's pretty much impossible to make 500-600hp w/out upgrading the internals".....There are a few cars out there that are making that hp stock...IE: new z06 corvette. Also there are a few srt-4's running 400 plus hp on the stock internals as well and are reliable.
Yes my answer was directed to the caliber. And yes i agree with you most production cars are ment to run over 400hp from factory. However, the corvette, viper, and other such cars are not running 4 bangers. As for the 400+ srt-4's simple turbo upgrades along with a/f mods are more than capable of 400+ because of the fact that factory internals are strong than lets say a regulare neon. So those srt-4 internals are more tolerant to hgiher hp because they where made strong as is, but still a little limited on rpm ranges. Im not to sure how reliable the srt-4 is with 400+ hp on stock internals though. Combining people who dont know how to drive a sports car for their life and non factory upgrades usually mean the car will go bust in 1-2 years. very few people are upgrading their srt-4's and are still able to maintain the engines life. IMO thats why DCX stoped making the srt-4 neon because they where speending more on fixing clutchs and tranies than actually making the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.