Dodge Caliber Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
fuente27hpv said:
how much power can the srt caliber handle, my srt, was handling 400 Hp just fine, just wondering if this car can handle about 500 - 600 HP with stock internals?
This is a valid question, most of us are curious. Wdy does Dodge make 3 diffrernt stages for the Neon? We want more, more, more. There is a chance someone actually knows the answer, for the rest of us with no pacience what do we do except ask others in a fourm while we wate.

·
Registered
143 Posts
caliber172 said:
This is a valid question, most of us are curious. Wdy does Dodge make 3 diffrernt stages for the Neon? We want more, more, more. There is a chance someone actually knows the answer, for the rest of us with no pacience what do we do except ask others in a fourm while we wate.
First off dodge doesn't make neons anymore. the r/t and the regular neon where the only ones but the stoped makeing the r/t it was just the reg. neon and then the srt-4 came on. it was more progress than demand for "more, more,more." no car will last a month w/ 500-600hp.longevity and that kind of performance dont exist. you either rebuild the engine from wear and tear or put it on ebay. it's pretty much impossible to make 500-600hp w/out upgrading the internals. just a turbo or s/c will not give that much hp w/out internals...listen to this srt-4 from AMS Performance...by the sound you can tell it was borred out and by the chop of the engine you can tell it has a wild ass cam

SRT-4 Vid

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Barking Spider I assume you are talking directly about the caliber when you make your statement about "it's pretty much impossible to make 500-600hp w/out upgrading the internals".....There are a few cars out there that are making that hp stock...IE: new z06 corvette. Also there are a few srt-4's running 400 plus hp on the stock internals as well and are reliable.

·
Registered
143 Posts
boostdog said:
Barking Spider I assume you are talking directly about the caliber when you make your statement about "it's pretty much impossible to make 500-600hp w/out upgrading the internals".....There are a few cars out there that are making that hp stock...IE: new z06 corvette. Also there are a few srt-4's running 400 plus hp on the stock internals as well and are reliable.
Yes my answer was directed to the caliber. And yes i agree with you most production cars are ment to run over 400hp from factory. However, the corvette, viper, and other such cars are not running 4 bangers. As for the 400+ srt-4's simple turbo upgrades along with a/f mods are more than capable of 400+ because of the fact that factory internals are strong than lets say a regulare neon. So those srt-4 internals are more tolerant to hgiher hp because they where made strong as is, but still a little limited on rpm ranges. Im not to sure how reliable the srt-4 is with 400+ hp on stock internals though. Combining people who dont know how to drive a sports car for their life and non factory upgrades usually mean the car will go bust in 1-2 years. very few people are upgrading their srt-4's and are still able to maintain the engines life. IMO thats why DCX stoped making the srt-4 neon because they where speending more on fixing clutchs and tranies than actually making the car.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.