Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, against all members wishes, I have purchsed a OPTX streetglow kit. Yes, Yes, some consider it ricey but it has always been a dream of mine to have. Even took it a step further and bought the wheelwell kit. But I have a problem. There is no gromet it the firewall to feed the power wires into the engine compartment. I looked so far up, I could see the dash speaker. No joke!!! I have considered tapping into a existing power wire but I still would have to feed the control wire out of the cabin. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
Well, against all members wishes, I have purchsed a OPTX streetglow kit. Yes, Yes, some consider it ricey but it has always been a dream of mine to have. Even took it a step further and bought the wheelwell kit. But I have a problem. There is no gromet it the firewall to feed the power wires into the engine compartment. I looked so far up, I could see the dash speaker. No joke!!! I have considered tapping into a existing power wire but I still would have to feed the control wire out of the cabin. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
If you lift the carpet right under the gas pedal there is reported an opening
with hose going thru a grommet or you can drill a hole thru the metal
around the steering column at the firewall(where you see it up and to
the right of gas pedal)as DON SMITH posted(search) but be careful
no matter what you do.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I appreciate the help, but I would perfer not to drill holes. Does anyone know of more grommet locations???

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'll probably hate myself for telling you this so you can out one of those god-awful light kits in, but look in the engine compartment, up behind the master cylinder area. There's an oval shapped molded rubber thingie where wires go in. I pushed the wire for my XM antenna through there. Best way to pull wires through there is to take a clothes hanger and unbend it, push it through from the engine side. Then tape your wires to it and then pull from the inside.
Thank god those lights are illegal in California!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I think they may be illegal here too... or just not popular. Either way i hope i never have to see them around.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you bigtsr!!! Put the controller in today and I went through that hole. Big enough for all the wires and then some. Thank you so much!!! Can't wait to finish!!!
P.S. Now you don't have guilty, Old Dude, for helping us punks!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts