Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my guy here that does all my metal fab. work offered to bang out some stut bars to look like the mopar ones. would this be something people here would be interested in. if so, whos interested and what do you think a fair price is. If i can work it out to a good price for us, ill have him bang some out in the next month here. I just would like to see us all have better handling without taking it in our backsides for almost $300 from MOPAR.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The strut bar, is that basically to help keep the front end rigid, less body flex? What are the benefits of it?

I'm not too swift when it comes to suspension!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, stiffens it up, less flex body roll in turns. i think it would make a great difference considering how high our cars sit.

·
Registered
377 Posts
How would a tiny little bar stiffen up the vehicle in which the strut towers are formed out of the firewall? We proved this on my last vehicle which had the same strut tower design (Built into the firewall) strut tower bars on these types of vehicle are nothing more than an aesthetical modification, it does nothing for performance.

·
Registered
689 Posts
They are more than just for looks, they actually do work, they really show up when you are doing a sharp turn or curve, really make the car more solid.

·
Registered
153 Posts
depending on price, I would be interested. I just want to have them painted Sunburst Orange to match the car. Just for looks mainly.

I also want to paint the engine cover Sunburst Orange.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
ejfb said:
They are more than just for looks, they actually do work, they really show up when you are doing a sharp turn or curve, really make the car more solid.
i'll have to disagree, they make no difference, i've had them on 3 vehicles, including a small SUV like the Caliber, and they were only for looks, they drove the exact same with or without them, and i did drive them hard.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yup, have to agree... everyone that does autocross must be waisting there money to looke pretty :rolleyes:

·
Registered
689 Posts
You do realize, that Chrysler, would not have gone to all the research and effort to offer strut bars, if there was NO benefit to them. Plus, do you really think that Chrysler and Dodge would want to offer strut bars on the Caliber, if it would cause lawsuits.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
because they work...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well everything they do is for ridiculous profits. LOL But, I know they work, I have one on my car, and I feel the difference with and without. Strut bars strenghthen the front in, especially in turns, where I notice them the most.

And I still say, that Chrysler wouldn't want to make something that wouldn't work or that would cause damage, in an area as important as the engine compartment.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i do believe that we are all in agreement that they are overpriced though.

if someone could do me a huge favor and get pics of one from several angles, i could get the plans laid out and get a est. price on what this will run to make. The only pic i can find is the shiddy MOPAR pic.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Darren07RT said:
my guy here that does all my metal fab. work offered to bang out some stut bars to look like the mopar ones. would this be something people here would be interested in. if so, whos interested and what do you think a fair price is. If i can work it out to a good price for us, ill have him bang some out in the next month here. I just would like to see us all have better handling without taking it in our backsides for almost $300 from MOPAR.
not worried about if they work. is he going to make some? id like one depending on price and how it looks...so post a pic!:)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i need pics of someone who has one first so i can get an estimate... or if everything goes as planned, ive been talking to the guys at the dealership and im working on getting a full sponsorship from them... in that case id have a free strut bar to show them :) but if anyone has pics that would be helpful for now.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts