Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
crud.. now I can't say I have the loudest caliber around.. and you don't loose your whole trunk, just a portion of it ;) .

·
Registered
162 Posts
Jeffro1069 said:
well im only 17 so i have to have an unnecessary amount of thump!!!
Nice box. Let us all not forget that you can put stuff on the back seats as well as in the trunk. Not to mention, to each his own.

·
Banned
554 Posts
SXTANDME said:
Nice box. Let us all not forget that you can put stuff on the back seats as well as in the trunk. Not to mention, to each his own.
I was referring to his choice of equipment. I have no problems with people installing ridiculous systems in their daily drivers. Please refer to my truck in the link below. Thanks & have a nice day. :)

Also, pre-fab enclosures = not so good ;)

·
Banned
554 Posts
SXTANDME said:
I was referring to his choice of equipment. I have no problems with people installing ridiculous systems in their daily drivers. Please refer to my truck in the link below. Thanks & have a nice day. :)

Also, prefab enclosures = not so good ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bulldogger said:

Also, prefab enclosures = not so good ;)
Im going to make a custom box... thinking of getting a piece of plexiglass cut the shape of the spare tire cover and decking it out like that. just hope i dont get a flat haha cause i will have to take out the tire. i bought the subs and was broke haha so my bro in law gave me a box he had in the garage.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Jeffro1069 said:
Im going to make a custom box... thinking of getting a piece of plexiglass cut the shape of the spare tire cover and decking it out like that. just hope i dont get a flat haha cause i will have to take out the tire. i bought the subs and was broke haha so my bro in law gave me a box he had in the garage.
I love some bass as much as anyone else but you might want to rethink ditching the spare. If you do I would suggest investing in some Ride Flat or something like that. AAA is also a good thing to have.

If you do go with the plexiglass then hit us up with some pics. I think that it sounds like it could look sick.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'm quite curious as to how decent/good the musicgate system really is. I ordered my caliber on may 10th and am still waiting like everyone else. Musicgate is coming with it and i'm dying to hear it. seeing them all out on teh road and i don't have mine yet is killing me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
SXTANDME said:
I love some bass as much as anyone else but you might want to rethink ditching the spare. If you do I would suggest investing in some Ride Flat or something like that. AAA is also a good thing to have.

If you do go with the plexiglass then hit us up with some pics. I think that it sounds like it could look sick.
Just make sure you don't have the tire sensors with the drivers convenience package. Kiss them goodbye with Ride Flat!
Cheers

·
Registered
143 Posts
please don't use plexi for a sub enclosure, your ears will thank you later.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah,

I work in customer service and when people sit at my desk they turn the phone way down, like 5-7 notches-past damage maybe? :rolleyes: I was a DJ in college and professionally an announcer for a few years and my ears aren't what they used to be. I used to upgrade my sound; back in the day. Still; Musicgate sounds pretty decent to me and can feel the thump. Not a lot of distortion, but I listen to bass heavy music some rock but not the metal kind. That also saves the ears some. Glad you are having fun with the music. At least your car sorta matches the sound. I always got jokes. Your music system is worth more than your car. Usually was true.

Mia

·
Registered
190 Posts
MusicGate is more than enough. I'm 19 and planned on getting 2 - 12"s for my R/T but after hearing the MusicGate, I can spend that money on Tint or something else.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts