Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its getting a little hard to follow the problems and fixes, so I was wondering what everyone thought about a new section called, Problem & Fix. And ONLY a known problem and an ACTUAL DETAILED FIX, can be posted in it.

What does everyone think?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
ejfb said:
Its getting a little hard to follow the problems and fixes, so I was wondering what everyone thought about a new section called, Problem & Fix. And ONLY a known problem and an ACTUAL DETAILED FIX, can be posted in it.

What does everyone think?
Having a fix subforum would be cool... possible to move problems into the fix topic after one is found? Maybe only mods could post in this section to cut down on duplication and ensure better accuracy/quality of information in that section for people to research before posting another of the same thing

·
Banned
400 Posts
Sounds good to me... but good luck getting them to think about it. I sent an email out to owner (or whoever it was), about having a "for sale" / "trade" section. Have not seen even a reply from anyone. That was 3 weeks ago.:mad:

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
If someone wants to compile and maintain/update a list I would be willing to help set up a separate closed sticky thread in the existing Problems Forum, in which only the Moderators could post.

This kind of project is overwhelming and would really take someone that has time to dedicate to it, as well as have good writing, organization and follow-through skills. Threads can get muddied up with unrelated questions, erroneous answers, etc, so links to threads are not effective in this kkind of exacting situation. This means that person would have to do the research and rewrite the problem/symptoms and the fix, into a new post in a user-friendly readable way. Because the info will be relied upon by other members as the ABSOLUTE fix, this is a HUGE responsibility.

If someone wants to volunteer, please send a sample Problem/Solution, using a real situation posted on the forums, and submit it to me via PM in the same style you would have me post it if it were already your responsibility. Include the thread(s) link(s) used to reference both the problem and the fix for my review. If I find a good candidate I will help make this happen. If we get more than one candidate we could create a team.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
Sounds good to me... but good luck getting them to think about it. I sent an email out to owner (or whoever it was), about having a "for sale" / "trade" section. Have not seen even a reply from anyone. That was 3 weeks ago.:mad:
I am your go-to person here... don't know who you sent your request to, but it wasn't me.
I don't want to take this thread off track, so please PM your idea to me and I will consider it.

-For anyone that has suggestions/ideas-
It is so much better if you PM them to one of us, to me for quickest response, as I will remind you once again, we cannot possibly read each and every thread and post.
If we miss your post, we can't help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts