Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woot!!
Yesterday I got a call from my dealer (Rond Point Dodge Chrysler in St-Hubert, southshore of Montréal) that they finally received my Sunburst Orange SXT Manual Transmission. May I say WWOOOOOTT!!!!

I got the 1.8l manual transmission, Orange inserts, fogs and Chrome Gas Door.. I will be adding later the mud flaps and hope to see those black plastic things we see around the fogs in the brochure.. The dealer says they doesn't exist in the Mopar list.. We'll see later then..

Delivery is tonight.. So..
I will be taking pictures of the car inside and out when I'll get it.. Will post them later tonight 'cause I'll be going on a little road trip to see friends and go see a movie..

FINALLY!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Xordok said:
Woot!!
Yesterday I got a call from my dealer (Rond Point Dodge Chrysler in St-Hubert, southshore of Montréal) that they finally received my Sunburst Orange SXT Manual Transmission. May I say WWOOOOOTT!!!!

I got the 1.8l manual transmission, Orange inserts, fogs and Chrome Gas Door.. I will be adding later the mud flaps and hope to see those black plastic things we see around the fogs in the brochure.. The dealer says they doesn't exist in the Mopar list.. We'll see later then..

Delivery is tonight.. So..
I will be taking pictures of the car inside and out when I'll get it.. Will post them later tonight 'cause I'll be going on a little road trip to see friends and go see a movie..

FINALLY!!!!
Are you sure that it's not my car that got delivered to you by mistake????
Still waiting, not so patiently.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
canoenut said:
Are you sure that it's not my car that got delivered to you by mistake????
Still waiting, not so patiently.
No heated seats, nor ABS breaks for me.. ;)
So no worries, your's still on its way..

And I'm so happy to have it late delivered, I got the Colorcoded Front Grill and not the chrome one.. :) I saw it in the parking yesterday and MAN it gives more agressive look! :)

As for the Manual review.. Well.. I'll do my best.. I'm no mechanist or professionnal.. But surely will tell you how it drives.. Gotta look out for the "Rodage" (Grinding?) though.. You know.. I may not go at high speed for the first 1000 first kilometers (or is it 5000?).. So I'll go easy on it, but surely will test it fine.. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here it is.. In it's full Nighty glory..
I'll take day pictures tomorrow.. but heh.. You already seen Sunburst Orange.. But.. PFfff.. it's the first Manual transmission you see.. SO!!
Here it goes.. :)

Love my new Caliber.. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
WOOT! Congrats. The sunburst orange is nice as well. I had a little trouble deciding between the orange and the black. I miss my black car quite a bit so opted for the black. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Xordok! These are very nice pictures! I opted for the black SXT with pretty much all the options you've got! I can't wait to get it... I ordered mine a month ago in Airdrie, Alberta. I'm originally from Quebec City, but I moved here 3 years ago... not Airdrie, but Banff... When did you order yours? Did you get a good deal? I'll post some pictures too as soon as I get mine!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations!
I'm getting mine tomorrow and we will post pictures as well.
We were going to go with the orange as well, but decided on Silver since we could get it quicker.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ordered my new Inferno Red last night. 12 to 16 week delivery, but I got all the options I wanted. Heated seats, driver package, etc..... I like the Orange a lot, but wasn't able to actually see one in person. The pics are VERY nice - sort of wish I would have ordered the orange one now. Oh well. Now, I'm a 50 year old Biker Chick.....is that okay?

Karen

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
karenh56 said:
... Now, I'm a 50 year old Biker Chick.....is that okay?

Karen
Karen,

OF COURSE that is OK.

I am a fellow Harley owner, in Myrtle Beach.

Our Spring Harley Rally is now in progress.

There are 16,829 OTHER 50 year old "biker chicks" within a few miles of me as I type this.

And I love them all! :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice pictures!! Congrats!! One ? though. What is that up and down button on the back of the steering wheel on the one closeup of the steering wheel? Is that the audio controls? Seems weird to have them on the back of the wheel. Or is that a continuation of the speed control?
Cheers!

·
Registered
414 Posts
umf said:
Nice pictures!! Congrats!! One ? though. What is that up and down button on the back of the steering wheel on the one closeup of the steering wheel? Is that the audio controls? Seems weird to have them on the back of the wheel. Or is that a continuation of the speed control?
Cheers!
Those are the audio controls, the one on the right side of the wheel is the volume up and down, the button selects between radio am/fm, cd, sat and disc.
The one on the left is the select track up/down, the button is preset on the am/fm, sat and change disc.

I love them, infact last time I drove my truck I was pressing the back of the wheel for all I was worth to change the volume and it would not work. Damn Ford with no audio controls!

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
mr_badda_bing said:
Those are the audio controls, the one on the right side of the wheel is the volume up and down, the button selects between radio am/fm, cd, sat and disc.
The one on the left is the select track up/down, the button is preset on the am/fm, sat and change disc.

I love them, infact last time I drove my truck I was pressing the back of the wheel for all I was worth to change the volume and it would not work. Damn Ford with no audio controls!
Hey!
Thanks for the info! I guess it is a good idea......i just never seen them placed like that b4.
Cheers!

·
Registered
59 Posts
So any opinions on the 1.8L Manual yet or are you so busy driving and having fun that you can't get around to giving a quick review... The nagging public (I mean inquiring minds) want to know :eek:

My questions would be -- fuel economy? performance (relative to the 2.0L CVT if you tets drove that?) Overall impressions of the manual trans.

Congratulations on the sweet ride (the orange is really growing on me!)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi guys..
Well yeah.. I had to drive it a bit now.. :)

Here are my impressions.. At first, I had A LOT of difficulty with the speed changing.. I can't see where my "friction point" is !!!!! It's just too smooth.. My foot can't feel the "rumbling" when I'm at speed zero.. So from a still to 1st gear rolling it's quite hard, specially when on a steep road.. And the speed pedal is also on the hard side.. I'm just starting to get a real hold of it.. Looks like I ain't giving enough gas to her.. Anyways, it's nothing problematic, it's just getting used to it..

As for the fuel economy it's correct.. I'm currently on my 2nd "fill her up" .. I'm on 250 km and about at a third of gas taken.. I'm pretty happy with it.. But at my surprise, it's not a 40liter... Is it a 45liter or 50liter ?? Cause last time I've put like 44 liter (and my light was lit in the car telling me I needed gas).. If it's 50.. Well I'm screwed, cause I'm comparing to my old Daewoo Lanos wich had a 40 liter.. And I could do around 400 to 430km with a full tank.. So now, with a 50liter (?).. It seems I can do around the same amount of km, maybe more.. I'll have to check more in the upcoming weeks.. But as of now, I'm pretty happy with it..

The ONLY thing I'm anxious about is the torque on the highway.. I can't get to high speeds real fast.. Maybe it's because I shift on 5th gear too soon and that's probably why I can't get it to go fast, fast.. lol.. But I managed to get at 160km/h without even knowing it.. o_O .. I shift about like this : 1st = 0-25, 2nd = 25-40, 3rd = 40-70, 4th = 70-100, 5th = 100+.... Any comments or suggestions? As for the torque in the city, again I gotta get used to the shifting wich is REALLY different than my old Lanos.. So as the the torque in the city, I'll have to get better on the early shifting..

... It's fun riding in that "high" car.. We're always higher than those little civics and other "neons" types of cars.. I LOVE IT!! I call it my mini-truck.. ;) hehe

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh!! Also, I LOVE the Cruise Control.. lol.. Never had that.. Man this is fun.. lol.. As for the audio controls behind the wheel, they are GREAT!! The only thing is that the channel changing is only forward.. We can't backward in the favorite channels with the middle-button.. Cause there aren't 12 good channels in Montréal.. There's like 6.. so.. hehe..

Anyways, I'll take some more daylight pictures today..
See ya later! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts