Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Just finalizing my options and color before putting in a order. Right now I'm stuck deciding between Sunburst Orange and Silver. For those with orange, how well is the paint holding up as far as showing scratches or swirl marks, chips, etc.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'd go with SunBurst Orange. Every damn Caliber I see is Silver!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah go orange. I am getting silver and I don't want to blend in with everyone else either hehe. There is a silver and 2 orange ones near me already LOL

·
Registered
188 Posts
Silver-Blah!

Well sort of....I like to stand out and went with Orange. Now if it's an R/T I don't think you can go wrong with any color.

·
Registered
126 Posts
:D I didn't really get to have a choice in color. The factory wasn't acepting any more orders when I bought mine. I seen the majority so far have opted for the orange. I do like the orange, however I took the silver. Both of my jeeps were blue. The liberty we traded in for the Caliber was a blue color, showed ever scratch and ding. The Wrangler is dark blue, well lets just say, its horrible with showing any kind of scratches and such. Silver doesn't show minor scratches.

Orange is a great color, its the color of choice here lately with all the car mfg'ers. Go with the color that represents you. Have fun with new Caliber when you get it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In 2011, the orange changed names from "sunburst orange" to "mango tango." Are these the same color? It appears to me that the sunburst is slightly darker. If someone knows the paint code for sunburst, that would help. The mango paint code is PVG; sometimes it's listed as HVG. Not sure what that's all about. I saw a code PV6 somewhere. Don't know if that was a typo, or if it's the same as PVG. I had a marine blue '08. Like it so much I got an '11 mango tango. I just had to have the orange one, and not just because I'm a Bronco fan. It is the prettiest color I've ever seen for a car. Dodge nailed that one. I sure get the looks. Now if I could just find some seats with orange inserts. . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts