Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this Mopar accessory? Am wondering how it installs and if it helps with the wind noise?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Unfortunately I do not have specific installation instructions but I do have a picture along with part details.

Caliber 2007 Sunroof Air Deflector (Tinted)

Part#: 82209531
Est. Install Time: 0.4hrs
Cost: $65.00

It almost looks like it fits around the sunroof weather stripping.

Dan

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've been looking at these, as well as the deflectors over the windows. I was wondering, are they "glued" on or attached on some other way?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Principal said:
I've been looking at these, as well as the deflectors over the windows. I was wondering, are they "glued" on or attached on some other way?
All the ones I've seen and had for other vehicles were double sided tape. Hopefully its not like alot I've seen where it covers up some of the opening to the point that you hardly have a sunroof left. My Scion was nice because the wind deflector was built into the sunroof from the factory and did not cover any of the opening.

·
Registered
384 Posts
PAJeep said:
All the ones I've seen and had for other vehicles were double sided tape. Hopefully its not like alot I've seen where it covers up some of the opening to the point that you hardly have a sunroof left.
Ditto on the tape

But I don't think it covers up the sunroof all that much. I think it would be worth losing a little bit of sunroof if it did cut down on wind noise a lot, but no one seems to have one to verify this! :p

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Sunroof deflector fastened with 2 clips to leading edge of sunroof opening. Side window ones with 2 sided tape. As mentioned on another thread they clash with the black trim on the Sport and R/T, semi ok on the SE and SXT. WeatherTech- Mc Neil has the in-channel type in [email protected] now for the Caliber.

·
Registered
203 Posts
xlimodriver said:
<<<snip>>> WeatherTech- Mc Neil has the in-channel type in [email protected] now for the Caliber.
Those are the ones I am waiting for... got my hopes up earlier when in an email they stated they were ready for release in July but later that was withdrawn with still being RnD. I have used the in-channel in my last 3 Dodges and want to stick with that look...

·
Registered
901 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Sunroof deflector fastened with 2 clips to leading edge of sunroof opening. Side window ones with 2 sided tape. As mentioned on another thread they clash with the black trim on the Sport and R/T, semi ok on the SE and SXT. WeatherTech- Mc Neil has the in-channel type in [email protected] now for the Caliber.
I agree, the side window deflectors clash horribly with the blackout tape trim. The blackout tape is matte and the deflectors are shiny. The fact that the deflector goes on top of the blackout tape makes the difference all the more blatant. Plus I don't like the way that the sticky tape for the deflectors MUST be applied over the blackout tape. So I still have not installed the set of deflectors I bought 2 months ago. UNLESS I take the time to find some matte-finish spray to apply on the things.

The way the windows fit into the frames - I'm not sure how an in-channel type would fit... we'll see...

·
Registered
203 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
<<<<<<<<snip>>>>>>>>>>>
The way the windows fit into the frames - I'm not sure how an in-channel type would fit... we'll see...
I thought the same thing on my '05 Kia Sportage but they did work (albeit I had to trim about 1/16 of an inch off so they would not eat into the rubber on the door).. I realize the fit is tighter on the Caliber but hopefully Weathertech can sort it all out...

·
Banned
400 Posts
GypsyBill said:
I thought the same thing on my '05 Kia Sportage but they did work (albeit I had to trim about 1/16 of an inch off so they would not eat into the rubber on the door).. I realize the fit is tighter on the Caliber but hopefully Weathertech can sort it all out...
Where are those AFTER PICS GB??:D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the mopar sunroof air deflector this morning and was not able to put it on. The clips that come with it won't fit on the track the way the instructions show. The pictures on the insturctions leave a lot to be desired. Has anyone installed it successfully? Any hints on how to install it?

·
Registered
129 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
I agree, the side window deflectors clash horribly with the blackout tape trim. The blackout tape is matte and the deflectors are shiny.
What's this blackout tape trim?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sleazy said:
What's this blackout tape trim?
On SXT Sport and R/T models, it is on the door pillars.
Tip: Go to dodge.com/caliber, click Build and Price, then click back and forth between the SXT and R/T option buttons...

·
Registered
357 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
good point and I don't see a happy ending here, esp. with tinted windows. my passenger window still has a hard time closing. I need to buy some "sil-guide" spray or use a paste lube, the WD-40 isn't proving to be a long term solution.

·
Registered
901 Posts
This last week I bought some spray paint - Rustoleum brand, specialty line, textured paint for plastic, in matte black. A test spray looks like it's gonna match up a lot better with the matte black trim on the car than the shiny acrylic deflectors. Haven't sprayed the parts yet as its been too rainy/humid here to do it outside (no garage). But still, even if this looks ok,... I'm still not keen on putting tape over tape trim...!!

AND, shouldn't I wait to install these anyway if I plan to get windows tinted? (better access to the windows without the deflectors?)

·
Registered
129 Posts
BlueHawaii said:
good point and I don't see a happy ending here, esp. with tinted windows. my passenger window still has a hard time closing. I need to buy some "sil-guide" spray or use a paste lube, the WD-40 isn't proving to be a long term solution.
I wouldn't use WD-40 anywhere near my car. It has a nasty habit of eating through car paint. Not immediately, but in a few months, you'll notice the paint on your car start to bubble.

Thanks DGK for all your helpful info. Will you marry me?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sleazy said:
I wouldn't use WD-40 anywhere near my car. It has a nasty habit of eating through car paint. Not immediately, but in a few months, you'll notice the paint on your car start to bubble.
Odd....I've used it on my cars to remove tar & I've never had any problems at all with it. In face, I've heard that a lot of people used it to do similar tasks without damaging car paint.

J

1 - 20 of 22 Posts