Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else install the wind shield for their sunroof? I bought and installed one last weekend. I noticed it is about 4" wider than the sunroof itself. In the Mopar photos it clearly is the same width following the outside dimensions of the opening. On mine it extends 2" on each side. Looks ok and does cut down on wind noise. Just wondering if somehow I ended up with the wrong shield. Part number on the box is correct but instructions say Jeep on them. I'm assuming its the same part for many vehicles.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You need the 34.5-37 inch deflector.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CaliberChic said:
You need the 34.5-37 inch deflector.
Just measured mine. It's right about 36" wide. The rubber gasket adds another inch or so. The photos on all websites I've seen show the deflector much closer to the sunroofs width dimension. Mine is several inches wider than the opening.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What brand? I have AVS, the dodge one fits into the rubber somehow and IS more low profile that the AVS brand. I prefer mine because it actually deflects the wind and isn't just a visual addition. I have my sunroof open a lot and have long hair. I have to have something like this.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is the Dodge/Mopar one. It sits on top of the painted area of the roof, several inches beyond the sunroofs opening. It mounts using two hooks along the front, one on each corner that hang down and catch the roof openings lip.

·
Registered
414 Posts
We were driving the other day with the sunroof open at about 70mph, I reached up and pushed the little pop up piece down.
WOW, what a difference in sound and wind inside. So much quieter and less wind while holding it down. What is the down side if I disabled the pop up thing?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just ordered the Dodge one and hope the install is easy if anyone has done this can you give me some feedback.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I took the little pop up thingy off the front of our sunroof. It made a world of difference in the noise level inside the cab. It also cut down on wind in the cab at lower speeds.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I lowered the pop thing, and almost had my ear drums blown out while deaccelerating from 50-20. I ended up with that crazy pressure effect. Needless to say, I didn't try that again ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
OUWxGuesser said:
I lowered the pop thing, and almost had my ear drums blown out while deaccelerating from 50-20. I ended up with that crazy pressure effect. Needless to say, I didn't try that again ;)
I noticed that the other day, usually I have one of the windows down at those speeds.

I tried closing the sunroof a bit when slowing down that that seems to stop the cavitation effect pretty good too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts