Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wanted a sunroof with my Caliber but that is not even an option in the UK. The dealer gave me some BS about Americans not liking them.

However I see that a German member said that his Cali had a sunroof.

Why do some countries offer sunroofs and some not?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wish I could answer your question. I would have loved to have a turbo diesel in mine. I think dodge does their marketing research and tries to determine where their money is best invested, depending upon common customer preference. I don't know this for sure; just a guess. I'll trade you a sunroof for a turbo diesel :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a sunroof on mine, but don't really like sunroofs in general (I took whatever the dealer had in stock). I'm always afraid some bird is going to poop over me and hit me in the face. I've already had several splatters on the closed sunroof.:mad:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Probably because of all the rain you get in the UK, if you had one, it would have to be called a "rain roof", not a "sun roof". ;)

Just kidding, I know that is a sterotypical misconception of the UK, kind of like all Alaskans live in igloos (I'm originally from Alaska).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Isn't there a serious drought throughout most of the UK?? Proof positive of changes in the environment... be they man-made (or accelerated) or just the ebb and flow of a living planet, who knows... In North America, the hottest summer since the dust bowl of the 1930s just made it into the record books. Back to the topic at hand, I love the sunroof in my R/T! L8r.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Canada here. Sunroof too!

(hot-wired the sunroof and 12V plug so we can actually close the roof without a key too! very cool when its raining and the keys are inside the house somewhere).

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i didnt get the sunroof because it invades into cabin space too much for my liking. If it had been flush mounted and didnt look like an aftermarket sunroof i woulda been all over it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts