Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if SXT owners are satisfied with the power/torque of the 2.0 litre. I have not drove one yet and I was thinking of waiting for the R/T with FWD.

I've been drive a V6 Escape FWD and was concerned that I feel like lost some of the pull I'm used to.....

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Not to be mean and rude, but a test drive will answer that for you as everyone has different opinions on this. Many seem to like it, but all say acceleration gets better as the vehicle breaks in!

I personally thought there was enough for what it was, even for an engine that was not broken in yet.

Test drive and lets us know your thoughts as they are all appreciated!

I am also waiting for the R/T FWD unsure of 5-speed or CVT2 w/ autostick.:D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'm good with the 2.0L. Of course the front-wheel-drive with the 2.4 will be better. The SRT will be phenomenal.

·
Registered
901 Posts
gbridge said:
Just wondering if SXT owners are satisfied with the power/torque of the 2.0 litre. I have not drove one yet and I was thinking of waiting for the R/T with FWD.

I've been drive a V6 Escape FWD and was concerned that I feel like lost some of the pull I'm used to.....
My previous cars were Stratus R/T, Intrepid ES, and Grand Cherokee TSi. All V6's, all lots of hp and torque. So I hear ya -- I had the exact same concerns about not having the same pull in the Caliber....

At speed, the Caliber seems to have just as much "pull" as these bigger engines. It's been tuned quite nicely!! If you hear people say it seems sluggish off the line, it really is not.... it's just that you're not feeling the usual transition from 1st to 2nd gear. By the time you ask yourself "is this sluggish", you're already at 35 mph.

go drive one!! :D At least you'll have more info to help your decision.

·
Registered
311 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
At speed, the Caliber seems to have just as much "pull" as these bigger engines. It's been tuned quite nicely!! If you hear people say it seems sluggish off the line, it really is not.... it's just that you're not feeling the usual transition from 1st to 2nd gear. By the time you ask yourself "is this sluggish", you're already at 35 mph.
That is so accurate. I test drove an SXT sport and thought that it didn't have a lot of rush off the line. When I looked at the speedometer, I was already at 40 and was in the pack of cars that were sitting at the light.

I have the autostick 2.4 CVT and have played with the autostick for that quick jump feel. I know that I get away faster using the autostick....and I know that I waste precious gas efficiency by doing so.

I recommend that you test them both (if you can find a dealership that has them in stock and not under current contract :) ). I had actually settled on getting the SXT Sport when the next shipment came into my dealer. Fortunately, my dealer had a cancel on an R/T AWD and I ran in there to grab it. I haven't been dissatisfied with the pickup in either CVT mode.

Tyke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts