Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i got a quick question about the wheels of the caliber. I got the stock SXT wheels that came with my caliber. it says 17' Steel Wheels. I didn't realize that they were hubcaps! From what i've been led to belive, the base model of anything has hubcaps and the next model higher will give you like real alloy wheels. Is this true with the caliber? like what i'm asking is, in my 5 speed SXT, not getting the $400 alumnimun wheel option, should I have hubcaps or not. If i had known, Id have gotten the upgraded wheels for 400 bucks. Is Upgrading the wheels gonna be hard to do? I have the drivers convienience package and love the tire pressure guage monitor and don't want to loose it. Just seems kinda silly to me to have hubcaps on a 17,000 car. If you gonna spend that much for a car that looks as good as it does, it should have wheels on it.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The "E" Sport Pkg adds alum wheels to SXT. Otherwise yes, a regular SXT has the wheel covers instead.

You won't lose the tire pressure monitor system as long as you stay with Dodge upgrades. It is documented in the owners manual that the system will not work with aftermarket tires.

The sensors are in the valve stems. If/When you get replacements, have them reserve the valve stems and put them on the new tires. The system will need to be recalibrated for the new tires.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i do feel better atleast that they didn't mess up my order. thats my fault in not doing enough research. thanks for the info guys. anyways, how realistic would it be to call dodge and get that same wheel upgrade for 400 bucks. cuase I dont think thats bad at all, I just figured i'd wouldn't need it at the time. Also, is uConnect something that can be added on later? cause now i have a phone with bluetooth and of course when i placed the order i didn't and wasn't thinking in the future. seems like a cool feature.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I don't think Dodge will sell the rims for $400/set but doesn't hurt to ask. I have seen the 17" Caliber Alloys on Ebay many times.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I asked about getting a set of the 15" Steel rims for winter tires, and my dealer quoted $60/rim CAN. Plus another $60 for the TPMS stems. I think I'll just go without for the winter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
its better then toyota when you buy a celica for 22,000 and still get hubcaps...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ninbri64 said:
in my 5 speed SXT, not getting the $400 alumnimun wheel option, should I have hubcaps or not.
Your wheels are "upgraded" from the 15" standard on the SE :cool:

Not that it makes you feel better but yeah, mine has hubcaps too and I wasn't expecting it. I assumed the SXT's came with alloy rims (since that's the "upgraded" trim level afterall), with chrome as the option (plus the one in the showroom had alloy wheels, and I spent more time staring at that one than mine while I was waiting on paperwork and such to get taken care of)

On the bright side though, from a distance the wheels look convincing.. not at all like my old neon with it's WHITE hubcaps! :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts