Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems as though that Dodge is updating their site again. I noticed that some of the base car prices went up very slightly.

They added all the late availability options
Still can't build FWD R/T
Color key only available on R/T
Premium seats for SXT option- probably for the YES Essentials protection.
No blackout tape on SXT?!?!?
No SXT "Sport" version
Added DVD-based Navigation system for $1,395 option

Not sure if this is one of those mid-update glitches, but thought I would bring it to attention. (Actually saw someone made reference to it in another thread on here, had to make sure they were right)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
Re: SXT w/ colored-key inserts no longer available

I see that they are now charging $150 for Inferno Red now too? Why would they all of a sudden start charging for that color? Seems kinda dumb to me.

I think the site just has some errors on it. Its not the first time its happened.

Also some of the optional item prices have gone up. $450 for 17" Aluminum Wheels (was $400), $95 for FogLamps, $795 for Sunroof (was $750). I'm sure other things have gone up as well, but that was my observations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
Re: SXT w/ colored-key inserts no longer available

What the hell? That's the Caliber I liked best was the SXT with color keyed stuff (sunburst orange). If that's the case, VW Rabbit, here I come! The RT base is a tad bit out of my range, nor do I like the lower MPGs on it either. Thank you Dodge marketting...:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Re: SXT w/ colored-key inserts no longer available

As I said, stupid marketing move on Dodge's part, the main reasons why people are buying the Caliber, are the things they take out or make more expensive. One thing for sure, it will slow sales down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
Re: SXT w/ colored-key inserts no longer available

CoriolisSTORM said:
What the hell? That's the Caliber I liked best was the SXT with color keyed stuff (sunburst orange). If that's the case, VW Rabbit, here I come! The RT base is a tad bit out of my range, nor do I like the lower MPGs on it either. Thank you Dodge marketting...:mad:
Yeah, if I couldn't get the blacked-out B-pillars and the other SXT-sport features then I would've waited for the FWD (front wheel drive) R/T. Kind of wish I'd waited for FWD-R/T anyways (the 2.4 sounds like a better deal with FWD)... but oh well, I like the one I have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Re: SXT w/ colored-key inserts no longer available

orangecalibersxt said:
I see that they are now charging $150 for Inferno Red now too? Why would they all of a sudden start charging for that color? Seems kinda dumb to me.

I think the site just has some errors on it. Its not the first time its happened.

Also some of the optional item prices have gone up. $450 for 17" Aluminum Wheels (was $400), $95 for FogLamps, $795 for Sunroof (was $750). I'm sure other things have gone up as well, but that was my observations.
I know that when dealing with automotive paints, and even quality art paints, red is the most expensive paint to buy. Really expensive! My wife has a red metallic Toyota Solara, but I don't remember if we paid extra for the red or not. When we started looking for a Caliber back in April, I told my wife that these things are gonna start increasing in price as soon a Dodger realizes how popular they are, so I'm not too surprised. But that's just my take on the situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Re: SXT w/ colored-key inserts no longer available

"we reserve the right to changes availability , options and pricing at any time without responsibility to previous purchasers"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Re: SXT w/ colored-key inserts no longer available

Man I'm glad I got mine when I did! I did notice that they charge for Inferno Red on the Charger and probably other models as well. I was wondering why I didn't get charged for it, but I'm not complaining.
So those of us with SXT Sports are going to have a rather rare vehicle if this sticks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Re: SXT w/ colored-key inserts no longer available

The 23/24E SXT Sports are still available with Colored inserts in the seats.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: SXT w/ colored-key inserts no longer available

TommyLee said:
The 23/24E SXT Sports are still available with Colored inserts in the seats.
Are you saying the Dodge site is messed up at the moment?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I just bought mine yesterday, SXT Sport Red, with colored inserts inside, but no black on the B-pillars. Not a huge deal, but I do like them better with the black there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: SXT w/ colored-key inserts no longer available

Xtreme Thunder said:
Are you saying the Dodge site is messed up at the moment?
Site has been back to normal for a while now, DCX is still offering the package.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top