Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont like driving a car that has no Tachometer so i was going to install one but i dont know what the red line limit for the 2.0L engine. If anyone knows what it is or where i can find out PLEASE let me know

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I dont like driving a car that has no Tachometer so i was going to install one but i dont know what the red line limit for the 2.0L engine. If anyone knows what it is or where i can find out PLEASE let me know
Please don't install one of those 5" tachs in your Caliber SE, SXT, R/T and even SRT-4 unless you gutted the car and thats the only gauge you're gonna have.

You're better off finding a junked caliber that has a tach and swapping it in but double check w/ dealer if it will work. They can reflash the mileage for you too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO NO NO i was just gonna put a small 2 inch gauge on the pillar for a reference i dont like the huge 4 inch ones

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
take it on a long stretch and open it up til you hit fuel cut. this will give you an idea.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
The redline is 6500rpms.
Doesn't have the fun of looking at a dial gauge but the ScanGauge II is a great tool. I have that and rotate it between both of my cars. For the Caliber I stick it right in the cubby under the radio and wedge it with the cord. Plus it looks all neat with the digital readouts lit up and all. My friends would do a double take and say WTF!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I agree with SRTst.

Getting the gauge pod from a wrecked car is the cleanest idea, IMO. Keep the pillar open for an oil pressure, volt/amp, or other gauges.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was gonna do the pillar with Tach, Air/fuel ratio, and volt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts