Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • phattie:
    August 30th, 2006 at 8:56 am 18 inch rims on a 20k domestic car; the owners are going to have a fit when they find out how much it costs to replace the tires on those.
Goood point. How much will it cost out of curiousity? Of course this is a few years down the road! But How many miles are these tires good for? 40,50k?

I plan on keeping my lovely caliber forever...So Im curious

·
Registered
198 Posts
Firestone FireHawk, 100,000 kms rating, $126 USD. (215/55 R18) 0.6% of a $20,000 vehicle.

By comparison, my van's tires were about 0.5% of the cost of the vehicle new.

·
Registered
414 Posts
We have priced some tires out for replacing when Spring comes around, or after the first snow fall and I see how crappy these FIrehawks will be. THe best ones I have found that I like are the Good Year Eagle GT2, the only draw back is it only comes in 285/60HR18. It was priced at 126.00 a piece.

My last car was a Pontiac Grand Prix STE that had 16s on it. I think we paid about the same price for the last tires we put on it.

I am sure some people will complain about the price of tires, but these are the same people that buy the cheapest tires they can. I cant say I buy the most expensive, but I never go for bargain basement ones either.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Most people still think that 18" wheels are huge because they still think every car comes with 15" wheels. With the factory now selling cars with 20" wheels, and the aftermarket going even bigger to 24", 26", 28", and more, the price of tires for the "smaller" 19" and under wheels has come down. Just shop around. When I first got my Dakota in '99 with 17" wheels, you couldn't find a replacement tire for under $140, now there are three or four different options under $100 a tire, and they are good tires. Also, like you said, some people just buy the cheapest tires they can, and if they can't get all four for $200 or less, they are too expensive.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Its part of the game in my book, I will try to save my 18"s a bit by switching to winter tires (first move on all my cars) Still trying to confirm if 15" will fit on a RT

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had the 16" version of these Firehawk GTA03's on my Saturn Ion. I replaced them @ 30k due to major road noise & they were starting to get slick on wet roads.

I'm worried about the same thing....last time I checked on tirerack.com, there were very few options for this tire size or those adjacent (plus sizing).

J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts