Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would join the crowd and let everyone that I have gotten my Orange Sunburst Caliber. I almost had a Mudstone moment bringing my new baby home. A stupid lady driving a Chevy HHR thought it would be cool to cut me off doing 75 in between a 18 wheeler and a pickup truck:eek:. I damn near had a heart attack:mad:. We made it out unscathed and look forward to getting out and enjoying this wonderful car.:D:D:D:D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
twin8791 said:
Just thought I would join the crowd and let everyone that I have gotten my Orange Sunburst Caliber. I almost had a Mudstone moment bringing my new baby home. A stupid lady driving a Chevy HHR thought it would be cool to cut me off doing 75 in between a 18 wheeler and a pickup truck:eek:. I damn near had a heart attack:mad:. We made it out unscathed and look forward to getting out and enjoying this wonderful car.:D:D:D:D:D
CONGRATULATIONS!! :) I am so happy for you! We want pics!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
twin8791 said:
Just thought I would join the crowd and let everyone that I have gotten my Orange Sunburst Caliber. I almost had a Mudstone moment bringing my new baby home. A stupid lady driving a Chevy HHR thought it would be cool to cut me off doing 75 in between a 18 wheeler and a pickup truck...
But perhaps the HHR was acting on it's own - in an attempt to mate with your Caliber in order to produce the most trendy and desirable offspring as possible?

I was a bit concerned yesterday when I saw a tourist's orange HHR folowing my sunburst orange Caliber.

It just SEEMED to be following me, with that "I wanna get closer" look to it.

Perhaps it was looking for "a little tourist-to-local adventure"? "Bang-style", if you catch my drift?

Below are photos of that HHR following my Caliber - as taken in the rearview mirror AND the driver's side outside mirror. I lost it with some slick maneuvers BEFORE it could "get lucky" and make contact:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
This is too weird- I had an HHR get right on my ass last week. The thing that scared me was, I was in the toll lane, stopped. The HHR pulled in behind me at the last minute, but half of it was sticking out in the pass lane that just goes right through. I just knew someone was gonna hit it right into me!:eek: From now on I'll steer clear of those things! Congrats on the new Caliber!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

I haven't seen any HHR's around here. To me, they look like a PT cruiser wannabe. Hey Chevy, coming in a little late on that look, aren't you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
Michael K. said:
...I haven't seen any HHR's around here. To me, they look like a PT cruiser wannabe...
The resemblance is more than coincidence.

The story is that same guy who made the design decisions for the HHR for GM (Bryan Nesbitt) also styled the PT Cruiser when he worked for Chrysler several years ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Whoever thought those old Panel Wagons were attractive when they were new? They were simply utility vans, and in my opinion the least good-looking vehicles of their time. PTs were cool the first year or two, now they just blend in with everything. Same with the return of the VW "New Beetle". I'm sure the Caliber will do the same in 5-6 years. And GM already tried to clone it with the Malibu Maxx (yea fine it came first haha, but still an ugly car).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
RadioDude said:
Whoever thought those old Panel Wagons were attractive when they were new? They were simply utility vans, and in my opinion the least good-looking vehicles of their time. PTs were cool the first year or two, now they just blend in with everything. Same with the return of the VW "New Beetle". I'm sure the Caliber will do the same in 5-6 years. And GM already tried to clone it with the Malibu Maxx (yea fine it came first haha, but still an ugly car).
I personally like the old 40s and 50s woodys, but can't seem to come to terms with the HHR. It just seems to be a bit off or like they went a little overboard in the design of it. It also seems a bit too long to me. Also, I had my eye on the Malibu Maxx because of the way it looks and because you can push the rear seat forward or back if needed; the versatility of a minivan in something as small as a car. I was also drawn to it because of the hatchback; my '92 Dodge Shadow was a hatchback and even though those are small cars I fit my bicycle (with 26 in wheels) into it and was able to close the hatch. Then, Dodge put out the Caliber and Dodge has, is, and always been my first choice. I'm glad Dodge brought back the hatchback and glad I was able to afford the Caliber; it's just awesome!!!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top