Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I finaly test drove the caliber but for like only 5 minutes about because they dont have demos yet and I was driving one that was well for sale lol anyways It's quite nice except the thing I dont like is that I cant seem to see the hood at all even when sitting the highest! pretty weird I thought anyways it was a bit weird to drive because I'm used to driving a dodge ram with hemi but yeah I'd like to hear your thoughts about not beeing able to see the hood, or does it just bother me cause I like to see the tip of the hood when driving? lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
I wonder how that affects us people of questionable altitude (short people LOL)?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I can't see the hood of my Stratus R/T either. I couldn't see the hood on my '02 Neon ES either. Must be a new thing with cars. Doesn't bother me really. I don't need to see the hood as there's no real reason to see it. Its not going to fall off or anything as far as I know...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
then it must be cause I'm used to trucks and I like to see the hood and see how close it is to the car (or other object) in front of me

·
Registered
203 Posts
Unless they changed the Rams wih the new body style, you couldn't see the front of the hood, or the fenders for that matter from the drivers seat. Even my '00 Dakota is like that. I can actually see more of the hood on my Caliber than I can my Dakota because of the way the fenders drop down on my Dakota. It took a little while to get used to my Dakota, but the Caliber is great IMO.

·
Registered
135 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
I don't need to see the hood as there's no real reason to see it. Its not going to fall off or anything as far as I know...
*~:D ~* that is great

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah, I miss seeing the hood. I have to say when I first got my car I was off like a yard in parking. :rolleyes: I was afraid to get too close to something. Whoever was driving that beast in front of me this afternoon had no such issues. My license plate was severly bumped today no damage tho. Besides the bent cardboard (I need too pick up my real plates this week). I now have the distance down in front but it also made it harder to judge width. ;) I now have it down as well - squeeze past those metro buses but it took awhile and I've had a license like 20 years, but I guess that's the one thing that bothered me about the car. Past tense as I now don't even notice; since I can judge the distance. It took more getting used to than the cvt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I guess I'd get used to it also if I were to buy it (I'm thinking next july and I hope they brong back emplyee pricing again lol) and I always heard about the sliding armrest issue (how it slides too easily) and same for chillzone door thing well now I know what you all mean espeacialy the armrest WAY TOO SENSITIVE I thought you were all exagerating a bit lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts