Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I had the opportunity to test the Caliber 2.0 CVT. Unlike the American 2.0 CVT the German 2.0 CVT has the ability of manual shifting (like the American R/T). My main impression is positive.
The car drives quiet - even during higher speeds on the Autobahn. The suspension is better than I´d expect from a vehicle with such body. Regarding the performance: I wouldn´t say it´s anything but quick. Yet the car doesn´t feel as what I would expect from a 158 hp compact car. Anyway, using the manual shifting makes the car feel quicker.
Inside it was equipped with leather seats. The two-tone-dash is OK, feels solid. I was disappointed by the door panels. Neither leather nor cloth inserts, no chrome door handles - it looks very poor (especially when you remind it´s got leather interior).
But in all I think it´s got potential. I´ll wait for testing the R/T (coming this fall) and the SRT4 (hopefully coming spring 2007).

·
Registered
901 Posts
Germaneon said:
Yesterday I had the opportunity to test the Caliber 2.0 CVT. Unlike the American 2.0 CVT the German 2.0 CVT has the ability of manual shifting (like the American R/T). My main impression is positive....
Do you mean the 2.0 has AutoStick? Or that it's a standard manual shift transmission? (Either way, hell, there's another addition to my list of "what components European Calibers get that we want and could have on our North American Calibers") So... that proves it's not cuz they CAN'T do it here.

Also, what does it say on the door and back liftgate glass?

Thanks for sharing your impressions and the pictures!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Thanks for the post and pictures!!

Thats cool that they can get the 2.0 CVT2 w/ Autostick!! I wouldn't mind opting for that over here in the states, maybe in our '08/'09 model years!:)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Germaneon said:
Yesterday I had the opportunity to test the Caliber 2.0 CVT. Unlike the American 2.0 CVT the German 2.0 CVT has the ability of manual shifting (like the American R/T)

...no chrome door handles - it looks very poor (especially when you remind it´s got leather interior).
WHAT! The Euro Caliber 2.0L has auto-stick!!!?:mad: I mean great for you guys :cool: but sucks for us!

Yeah and the black door handles look like the plastic-trash they are. Wish they had chrome ones like DCX shows in the manuals (and on the cover of the owners manual!!!) and ads!

·
Registered
80 Posts
GOT said:
WHAT! The Euro Caliber 2.0L has auto-stick!!!?:mad: I mean great for you guys :cool: but sucks for us!

Yeah and the black door handles look like the plastic-trash they are. Wish they had chrome ones like DCX shows in the manuals (and on the cover of the owners manual!!!) and ads!
The chrome door handles are only on the R/T's. Those are the pics you are seeing. R/T's. You can get chrome covers for the handles on e-bay. Just look for the ones for the Magnums and 300's. They all use the same door handles as the Calibers.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Regarding the door handles I meant the interior. It looked grey and cheap. It would be OK for the EUR 15K base model. Yet the car I drove was SXT with optional luxury package and is priced at EUR 22K.
Do you mean the 2.0 has AutoStick?
Yes I did.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
totally agree - DCX, we got the outsid design thing down.. now we just need help int he materials department! ... no mo' cheap plastic plz!.. the 1gen neons plastics were better than what they are now..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do you mean the 2.0 has AutoStick?
Finnish CVT Calibers are also with AutoStick. I sit on one of those yesterday. Saleswoman tell me that I might be chance to test drive caliber some day in next week. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts