·
Registered
371 Posts
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas!"-Davy Crockett
The Republic of Texas, indeed!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hey, why does Texas get it's own special forum! Nebraska is much bigger and better... facts be damned:p

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
689 Posts
What are you talking about, Nebraska came >THIS< close to being a Texas state park, but we ran out of BBQ pits. LOL :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
ROTFL... that's funny, so I'll have to leave you alone :p ;)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Well Texas is big at 267,339 sq.miles but would only fill more then half
of the province of Ontario,Canada and would probably cover some of
our 250,000 lakes and would gain our population of 10,000,000.
Maybe we could loan you some BBQs LOL

·
Registered
689 Posts
bigtsr said:
Well Texas is big at 267,339 sq.miles but would only fill more then half
of the province of Ontario,Canada and would probably cover some of
our 250,000 lakes and would gain our population of 10,000,000.
Maybe we could loan you some BBQs LOL
Ok, set out the BBQ pits and picnic tables, mow the yard, clean up the place, and we'll come check it out, if we like it, we'll make Ontario a Texas State Park. :D But remember, you better make it look good, we are pretty picky, because you Don't Mess With Texas. :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
True Story - I work in network TV news. When our bureau was in Houston years ago a NY producer called and told me to 'hop' over to El Paso, shoot some video and come back to Houston to feed it in time for the evening national newscast.

I said "Do you know that Houston to El Paso is within 20 miles of here to St. Louis, Missouri? It's within 20 miles of here to Atlanta, Georgia! Heck, El Paso is halfway to Los Angeles! In fact, our Burbank Bureau is slightly close to El Paso than we are!"

It might have been that same producer who also called one day and asked me to go to downtown Houston and shoot businessmen walking around in suits wearing cowboy hats.

Sheesh. These people are actually taking up space on the planet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
donsmith said:
True Story - I work in network TV news. When our bureau was in Houston years ago a NY producer called and told me to 'hop' over to El Paso, shoot some video and come back to Houston to feed it in time for the evening national newscast.

I said "Do you know that Houston to El Paso is within 20 miles of here to St. Louis, Missouri? It's within 20 miles of here to Atlanta, Georgia! Heck, El Paso is halfway to Los Angeles! In fact, our Burbank Bureau is slightly close to El Paso than we are!"

It might have been that same producer who also called one day and asked me to go to downtown Houston and shoot businessmen walking around in suits wearing cowboy hats.

Sheesh. These people are actually taking up space on the planet.
That is funny! :D

I am orginally from Wisconsin and when I talk to family and friends, they think everyone wears cowboy hats and boots.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey, I saw a Philipino lady for a while who was scared to come to the western U.S...still thought there were Indians ready to scalp her! I didn't tell her that I was 1/16th Indian.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ya know tho....American history is really really recent compared to the ancient civilizations of the world. Wyatt Earp was alive till 1929, just 20 years before I was born...his widow was alive into the 1960's!! I was playing Little League baseball then! There were quite a few people alive then, who remembered the Civil War! Yeah, our country is young...but sometimes we act like old curmudgeons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BlueP said:
That is funny! :D

I am orginally from Wisconsin and when I talk to family and friends, they think everyone wears cowboy hats and boots.

what part of Wisconsin, I'm orginally from Fond Du Lac.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts