Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dropped my Cali off at the dealer this morning (I bought it last Saturday, keep in mind)

I had the "malfunction indicator" light problem (loose gas cap? I don't think so), sliding chill zone door, rattle in the music gate, and the RPMs seriously dropped before they went up if you lightly pressed the gas pedal. Lots of crap for a week old car (granted it was their only manual, so it had 300 miles of test drives on it when I got it).

But thanks to scouring the forum, I was able to provide a number of TSB #s as possible solutions for the first two. I don't know if they'll help, but hopefully.

I miss my new car though :( I just got the EQ settings the way I like them too ...

I really hope they get it fixed soon, since I need my car so I can go visit my folks in NJ this weekend ...

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts on the forum. Without you I'd probably be freaking out, not knowing what will happen to my new baby, Macali. (My-Cali ... Macali, that's right .. I named my car)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Yup. That's what forums are all about. People sharing information. Most dealers are not as clued in as to what information is out there. When it comes to TSB's, they can sometimes be the last to know.

Medic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
You get that exhaust ping as well stang? Goes on for 10 minutes after you shut her down? I asked the dealer about that and he said it was cause it was all new metal and it would take a while to wear in. I've had her for 3 months now and she still does it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
My Caliber was built in June. Over 5000 miles and still pings for a good long while once you turn it off.

I did use the TSB #s mentioned on the forum to get a new sliding console (no longer moves around easily), fix the creaking seats and get the rear washer dispenser corrected.

Whoever has access to the TSB #s, please continue to post...they really help out when going to the dealer with a new vehicle.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
Thanks!:) Thats always good to hear!

I hope the information provided by all members that apply to you get acknowledged at the dealership.

Let us know how it turns out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
bowman19 said:
My Caliber was built in June. Over 5000 miles and still pings for a good long while once you turn it off.

I did use the TSB #s mentioned on the forum to get a new sliding console (no longer moves around easily), fix the creaking seats and get the rear washer dispenser corrected.

Whoever has access to the TSB #s, please continue to post...they really help out when going to the dealer with a new vehicle.
That would be me. There is a list in the sticky thread under dealer problems folder. I can try to see if I can get an up to date list. That one was current as of the date I posted it originally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
.50 said:
You get that exhaust ping as well stang? Goes on for 10 minutes after you shut her down? I asked the dealer about that and he said it was cause it was all new metal and it would take a while to wear in. I've had her for 3 months now and she still does it.
o yea 11,000 miles still pinging. dealer told me it was supposed to do it. BS!!!! o well ive stopped driving the cali so much and am driving my mustang, now that gas prices have gone down a bit!! plans on getting srt so i need to keep miles off my trade in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
^ I think it's BS that some Caliber owners have to live with the pinging exhaust. I wouldn't stand for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just talked to the service guy at the dealership, and everything was just as I had predicted after reading the forums:

Engine/Malfunction light: flash PCM and leaky EVAP hose
Chill Zone door sliding: tightened up as per TSB
rattle in MusicGate: loose screw

they didn't find any reason for the RPM hesitation thing, but honestly with only 650 miles on the car, it's not even close to being broken in yet... so I'm not worried

Have to go back on monday though to have the EVAP hose replaced, but it's fine for now. Think I'll leave work a little early in fact so i can be with her again :-D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
You talk to her...don't you?? Come on..admit it! You talk to her like you would a dog..I knew it.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, I need something to ride while my girlfriend is 500 miles away




umm.. I mean .... :eek: Can I say that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
yea my dealer basically told me they will not fix my exhaust pinging because there is no TSB for it.. I even had bulldogger toss me an image of his service reciept that clearly showed that he had it fixed and under what tsb#.. they told me I photoshopped it, 5 star dealer my ass. So I live with it for now.. I've grown accustomed to not listening for the noise anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
12am said:
yea my dealer basically told me they will not fix my exhaust pinging because there is no TSB for it.. I even had bulldogger toss me an image of his service reciept that clearly showed that he had it fixed and under what tsb#.. they told me I photoshopped it, 5 star dealer my ass. So I live with it for now.. I've grown accustomed to not listening for the noise anymore.
I cant find the thread but I used the text someone posted from a memo regarding customer complaints with the exhaust to get my exhaust replaced. It's so nice to not listen to that pinging 15 minutes after you shut it off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
The dealer is correct. There is no TSB for the exhaust issue. However, most decent dealers will take the time to call DCX and confirm that the newer designed exhaust does not make the noise. They'll also learn they can replace it under warranty. A lousy dealer won't take such time. Take all of your service to another dealer.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top